Last edited: 30 September 2020
Adventist Development and Relief Agency Somalia (ADRA Somalia) has been operating in Somalia since 1992 implementing emergency relief and development interventions in different sectors. Since then, ADRA has managed over 50 projects funded by different donors in eight sectors namely: water; primary health care; education; food security; infrastructure; institutional capacity building; micro-enterprise development and emergency response interventions. The projects have covered Middle Shabelle, Galgadud, Southern Mudug, Hiran, Bakol, Bay, Gedo, Puntland and Somaliland regions of Somalia . The initial interventions were in emergency and relief work. Later, rehabilitation and development interventions were also started in health, water, education, road development, institutional capacity-building and food security. Expansion of project activities is dictated by factors such as community needs, security and the donor policy.
Our Vision[edit | edit source]
To cultivate an environment that provides opportunities for a self-sustaining Somalia, where every Somali is able to realize their fullest potential.
Our Mission[edit | edit source]
ADRA Somalia is a faith based humanitarian agency that is committed to its core values, enabling positive changes and building capacities of the communities through development and relief interventions and working with established local and external networks and partnerships.
Our Goal[edit | edit source]
To build and enhance the capacity of vulnerable communities in Somalia so as to attain sustainable positive change in their lives through development and relief initiatives.
Our Strategic Directions[edit | edit source]
- Fostering partnership in design and delivery of development programmes.
- Enhancing capacity of communities, partners and ADRA staff through integrating capacity building components in programming.
- Promoting a culture of organizational learning, diversity and equity.
- Strengthening the impact of programmes through adoption of needs based participatory community planning, monitoring and evaluation systems.
See also[edit | edit source]
- February 2005: Solar Cooking in Somaliland - Adventist Development and Relief Agency
Contact[edit | edit source]
Daphton Court Apartments
P.O. Box 14756
Tel: +254.20.444.8898 or +254.20.444.8392