Last edited: 2 March 2020
Founded in 1954, the 501(c)(3) non-profit American Solar Energy Society (ASES) is the nation’s largest and most established community of solar professionals and enthusiasts dedicated to enabling a 100% renewable energy society in the United States.
Publishers of Solar Today and organizers of the ASES National Solar Conference, ASES has been responsible for establishing standards to evaluate the performance of solar cookers, the Testing and Reporting of Solar Cooker Performance.
- NEW: 23-26 June 2020: ASES SOLAR 20/20 - In conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon, the American Solar Energy Society is sponsoring the global event, SOLAR 20/20. Hear the latest information on climate change, as well as learn about amazing technology and market advances by innovators and financiers. This will be a push by everyone across the political spectrum for more control of our energy choices to reduce associated costs. More information...
- October 2018: ASES launched Tiny Watts, a new community website for users of solar PV and solar thermal technology to share their experiences and document solar energy use. Read more...
- March 2017: ASES Solar 2017 (Building a 100% Renewable Energy Community) was held in Denver, Colorado, USA on 9-12 October 2018. Read more...
- March 2017: The American Solar Energy Society (ASES) has become an Organization Associate of Solar Cookers International.
- July 2015: ASABE makes ASAE S580.1 NOV2013 available online for free - Paul Funk reports that ANSI member, The American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, has officially made ASAE information on Testing and Reporting Solar Cooker Performance available online for free for humanitarian reasons.
Email: [email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org]