Last edited: 9 November 2021
Amirmehdi Komarizade lives in Tehran, Iran, and has been designing and building a variety of solar cookers since 2007. They include the Solar Picnic, solar cooker mounting approaches, and solar PV thermal cooking.
- June 2020: Amirmehdi is working on a solar wall oven concept, which is currently under construction.
- November 2017: Amirmehdi has been testing a solar cooker mounting system, similar to the gimbal mounts used on Donsonian style telescopes, and using PV power to generate enough energy to boil water in a small vessel.
- September 2017: Amirmehdi hopes to create an "Energy Café" at the institute where he works where food would be cooked in solar cookers.
- December 2015: Amirmehdi is shown with his Solar Picnic panel cooker. He is heating water with a unique bottle of his own design. It has a heat-absorbing black interior structure with a waffle-like surface to maximize the area available to sunlight.
- December 2015: Amirmehdi reports that he taught solar cooking at the Nioofar Solar House, and has now returned to lab management at Sharif University.
Audio and video
- November 2021:
Flat 11, 4th Floor
No. 4, Yas Alley
Mehraban St., Kooye Laleh, Artesh Highway
Cell Phone: +98-921 205 32 65