Last edited: 24 June 2020
Amirmehdi Komarizade lives in Tehran, Iran, and has been designing and building a variety of solar cookers since 2007. They include the Solar Picnic, solar cooker mounting approaches, and solar PV thermal cooking.
- NEW: June 2020: Amirmehdi is working on a solar wall oven concept, which is currently under construction.
- November 2017: Amirmehdi has been testing a solar cooker mounting system, similar to the gimbal mounts used on Donsonian style telescopes, and using PV power to generate enough energy to boil water in a small vessel.
- September 2017: Amirmehdi hopes to create an "Energy Café" at the institute where he works where food would be cooked in solar cookers.
- December 2015: Amirmehdi is shown with his Solar Picnic panel cooker. He is heating water with a unique bottle of his own design. It has a heat-absorbing black interior structure with a waffle-like surface to maximize the area available to sunlight.
- December 2015: Amirmehdi reports that he taught solar cooking at the Nioofar Solar House, and has now returned to lab management at Sharif University.
Flat 11, 4th Floor
No. 4, Yas Alley
Mehraban St., Kooye Laleh, Artesh Highway
Cell Phone: +98-921 205 32 65