Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Last edited: 5 January 2022
- NEW: 12-14 July 2023 (A Coruña, Spain): CONSOLFOOD2023 - Organizers have released a first call for abstracts to participate in the Fifth International Conference, taking place in Spain in 2023 as an in-person conference. The deadline for submission is 15 December 2022. More submittal information...
- January 2022: New solar-fueled restaurant in Yerevan - Founder of the Machanents Center, Grigor Babakhanyan, decided it made sense to highlight the work of local scientists, and incorporate solar cooked menu options at the Center restaurant. Vahan Hamazaspyan, began studying uses for solar energy after the devastating Spitak earthquake disrupted traditional grid-based energy sources in the 1980's. He experimented with parabolic solar cooker designs, and tried to convince local authiorities to help make them available within the country, with little success. Finding a new audience, patrons now seek out the restaurant for its solar prepared fare, many commenting they prefer the preparation over conventional stove use. Read more...
- April 2007: Longtime solar cooking advocate and trainer Wilfred Pimentel, along with Ken Goyer and Cynthia Wee, led a two-day integrated cooking workshop in Pambak, Vanadzor last August. They taught three technologies: solar cookers, fuel-efficient stoves, and heat-retention cookers. With access to these complementary technologies, food can be cooked regardless of time of the day and season, and with a maximum of overall fuel savings. The group demonstrated both panel-type and parabolic-type solar cookers, though the region’s altitude and climate limit the amount of solar cooking that can be done with simple solar cookers. Seventeen people from a number of Armenian villages attended the workshop held at the Peace Corps training center. Each participant received a CooKit and educational literature. They plan to return to their villages and begin teaching others about integrated cooking.
Climate and culture
Audio and video
- March 2014:
- Nov. 2005: Rotary Turkey Armenia Report
The entities listed below are either based in Armenia, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association