Last edited: 29 May 2020
Events[edit | edit source]
- NEW: Webinar: Sunday, 24 January 2021 (14:30-16:50 EU, GMT) Spreading our passion for solar cooking - Celestino Ruivo, Chairman CONSOLFOOD, will lead this special meeting, with assistance from Ajay Chandak, and Dave Oxford from SLiCKsolarstove UK. View the Program schedule, and participate in the meeting...
- NEW: 25-29 January 2021: ETHOS Virtual Conference - The 2021 ETHOS Conference will be held virtually Monday, January 25 through Friday, January 29, 2021 from 15:00-17:30 GMT each day. The conference aims to expand its reach from previous annual meetings, encouraging participation of Southern partners, international stoves experts, and development specialists with field experience in the transfer of cooking technologies. Registration information...
- Have your event listed here by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
News[edit | edit source]
- April 2007: Longtime solar cooking advocate and trainer Wilfred Pimentel, along with Ken Goyer and Cynthia Wee, led a two-day integrated cooking workshop in Pambak, Vanadzor last August. They taught three technologies: solar cookers, fuel-efficient stoves, and heat-retention cookers. With access to these complementary technologies, food can be cooked regardless of time of the day and season, and with a maximum of overall fuel savings. The group demonstrated both panel-type and parabolic-type solar cookers, though the region’s altitude and climate limit the amount of solar cooking that can be done with simple solar cookers. Seventeen people from a number of Armenian villages attended the workshop held at the Peace Corps training center. Each participant received a CooKit and educational literature. They plan to return to their villages and begin teaching others about integrated cooking.
Climate and culture[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Possible funders[edit source]
Facebook groups[edit source]
Reports[edit | edit source]
- Nov. 2005: Rotary Turkey Armenia Report
The entities listed below are either based in Armenia, or have established solar cooking projects there:
SCI Associates[edit source]
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors[edit source]
Government agencies[edit source]
Educational institutions[edit source]
See also[edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.