Last edited: 2 June 2020
- NEW: 5-7 April 2022: ISEC Call for Abstracts - The 2nd International Sustainable Energy Conference 2022 will be taking place in Graz, Austria. Now is the time to submit an abstract to contribute to an accelerated implementation of Renewable Heating and Cooling in Integrated Urban and Industrial Energy Systems. Present the results of your research or the implementation of groundbreaking projects and discuss them with representatives from research, industry and politics. The deadline for abstract submission is 24 October 2021. Conference information...
- NEW: 15-17 September 2021: Climate Chance Summit Africa 2021 - Registration is open to attend the virtual 3rd edition of the Climate Chance Africa Summit. Three days of sessions on key themes and sectors of climate action hosted by non-state actors engaged in climate change in Africa. There is no charge for attendance, but registration is required
- NEW: Friday, 17 September 2021 (10:30am CDT, 15:30 GMT): Homeschool program on solar cooking - The Syracuse-Turkey Creek Township Public Library, in Syracuse, Indiana, USA, offers online programs for homeschool students on Fridays at 10:30am. This program is described as learning to build and use a solar cooker. Read more...
- NEW: 5 October 2021: American made solar competition - The U.S. Dept. of Energy is sponsoring a a multi-part competition to spur solar manufacturing, develop innovative solar solutions and products, and create domestic jobs and opportunities through public-private partnerships. The contest is open to U.S. residents, and the final phase is still open for submittals until 5 October 2021. Much of the attention has been with photovoltaic solutions, and this last phase is structured with two tracks that focus separately on hardware and software components. Solar cooking equipment should qualify as hardware solutions. Read more about the competition...
- NEW: 22-26 November 2021: 2nd National Congress for Solar Drying and Cooking Food - An affiliated group of universities in Mexico will host an online conference relating to solar food drying and cooking, as well as, food safety and energy savings realized with minimal environmental impact. Participants can register to view the presentations, or apply for presentation consideration. The conference will be in Spanish. Registration information... - (English version)
- 17-23 December 2021: Solar Cooking Awareness Week (Southern Hemisphere) - A loosely organized bid to acknowledge the fun and benefits of solar cooking. Show someone how to solar cook and share a meal.
- 24-26 January 2022: Fourth International Conference: Advances in Solar Thermal Food Processing - CONSOLFOOD Chairman, Celestino Ruivo, has announced an extended call for abstracts for the upcoming conference in January 2022, which is now planned to be an online event. Advances in solar cooking as well as solar food processing will be considered for inclusion. The event schedule and submission requirements are in CONSOLFOOD 2022 conference information.
- April 2013: Cooking demonstration with the ladies of the Association pour le Development Rural in Agdez, Morocco with SOuLAR KITCHEN, Austria
- March 2013: In collaboration with EG-Solar, Germany, and SOuLAR KITCHEN, Austria, Mohamed Gourari in Skoura, Ouarzazate, Morocco did build his first solar cooker and is now able to produce and sell the solar cooker SK-14. For more information write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Austria
- Austria Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
The entities listed below are either based in Austria, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association