Last edited: 6 August 2019
- 17-23 December 2021: Solar Cooking Awareness Week (Southern Hemisphere) - A loosely organized bid to acknowledge the fun and benefits of solar cooking. Show someone how to solar cook and share a meal.
- NEW: 24-26 January 2022: Fourth International Conference: Advances in Solar Thermal Food Processing - CONSOLFOOD Chairman, Celestino Ruivo, has announced an extended call for abstracts for the upcoming conference in January 2022, which is now planned to be an online event. Advances in solar cooking as well as solar food processing will be considered for inclusion. The event schedule and submission requirements are in CONSOLFOOD 2022 conference information.
Climate and culture
Given the increasing necessity, President Ilham Aliyev signed a decree in 2015 on the allocation of one million manats to develop programs for the development of alternative and renewable energy sources by 2020. Also, the EU has allocated EURO 13 million for the unification of legislation of Azerbaijan with the European legislation in this field.
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijan Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
- November 2015: Azerbaijan can run up solar cooking - Azernews
The entities listed below are either based in Azerbaijan, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors
- Azerbaijan can run up solar cooking - Azernews