Last edited: 12 June 2020
- 17-23 December 2021: Solar Cooking Awareness Week (Southern Hemisphere) - A loosely organized bid to acknowledge the fun and benefits of solar cooking. Show someone how to solar cook and share a meal.
- NEW: 24-26 January 2022: Fourth International Conference: Advances in Solar Thermal Food Processing - CONSOLFOOD Chairman, Celestino Ruivo, has announced an extended call for abstracts for the upcoming conference in January 2022, which is now planned to be an online event. Advances in solar cooking as well as solar food processing will be considered for inclusion. The event schedule and submission requirements are in CONSOLFOOD 2022 conference information.
- June 2016: It is now possible to rent a solar cooker in Bulgaria and have the rental amount apply toward the purchase price if desired: http://hosasolar.bg (English version)
- November 2015: Holger Sauer demonstrated in the town of Kocherinovo, Bulgaria, at 10 degrees on 23 November that solar cookers can be used year-round - 700 g potatoes were cooked in 1 liter of water in 25 minutes.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Bulgaria
- Bulgaria Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
The entities listed below are either based in Bulgaria, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association