Last edited: 9 July 2021
CONSOLFOOD began holding internationally attended conferences at the Universidade do Algarve in Faro, Portugal in 2016. The Organizing Committee, has been under the Chairmanship of Prof. Celestino Ruivo. The group typically receives over 60 submissions for presentation at the conferences, focussing on advances in solar cooking, solar food processing, and other related topics.
Visit the articles on the previous CONSOLFOOD conferences to view abstracts, presentations, and some full-length papers.
- NEW: July 2021: Baking a Solar Bread Webinar: - A few months ago, CONSOLFOOD organizers sent a request for short videos of unique bread baking ideas from the bakers in the solar cooking community. Once the entries where reviewed, a number of them were selected to be presented in a video compilation. Originally aired on 4 July 2021, the video can be seen here.
- June 2020: 4th Webinar CONSOLFOOD, Spreading the solar cooking "virus" - CONSOLFOOD organizers, Prof. Celestino Ruivo and Ajay Chandak hosted a webinar on 30 May 2020 featuring Hemant Deshpande, a lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at Government Polytechnic in Miraj, India, speaking on solar cooking promotion. You can watch it here.
- June 2020: 5th Webinar CONSOLFOOD, Spreading the solar cooking "virus" - Prof. Luiz Guilherme Meira de Souza, from the Laboratório de Máquinas Hiiráulicas a Energia Solar/DEM-UFRN, is introduced by Prof. Celestino Ruivo to provide his insight on the value of solar cooking. The webinar is in Portuguese. You can watch it here.
Articles in the media
- February 2020: Third International Congress on Advances in Solar Thermal Food Processing - (English version)
Audio and video
- January 2021:
- Prof. Pedro Serrano Rodriguez has published an open letter to the participants of CONSOLFOOD 2020 and the whole solar cooking community.
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Institute of Engineering
University of the Algarve
Tel: +351 289800166 / +351 289800100 (ext. 6571)
Fax: +351 289888405
- See Celestino Ruivo.