Last edited: 1 January 2020
CONSOLFOOD 2016 was held at the Instituto Superior de Engenharia, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha in Faro, Portugal in January 2016.
A round table of presentations was held, and also a poster session. A public demonstration of solar cooking with several types of cookers took place in a central area of the city of Faro. Participants brought their ingredients and solar cookers, and cooked as a group to prepare a solar lunch.
- 22-24 January 2018: (Faro) CONSOLFOOD 2018 is scheduled to take place at the Instituto Superior de Engenharia, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. This solar cooking conference will include oral sessions, keynote lectures, a round table discussion, a poster session, and a comprehensive exhibit of solar cooking, drying, and food processing equipment. The organizers encourage potential participants to submit abstracts in the first submission period before 4th June, 2017. The abstract must mention the main topics of the presentation or poster. The abstracts will be assessed by the members of the scientific committee and the organizing committee will inform each author whether their submitted abstract has been accepted. More information on abstract submission...
2016 Conference presentationsEdit
Day One, January 22ndEdit
- Evaluation of Renewable Energy Sources in Africa - Daniel Ayuk Mbi Egbe, ANSOLE e.V. Jena, Germany &, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Solar Cookers in the Antarctic, Solar Restaurants in Desert Areas, Use as Adaptable Solar Dryers - Pedro Serrano – Technical University Federico Santa Maria, Chile
- Evolution of Solar Concentrating Technologies in India, from the domestic community to institutional cooking. New solar concentrator technologies to expand its usage for the food processing industry (process heating, cooling, drying, etc) - Deepak Gadhia, Chief Mentor, EnerSun Power Tech P. Ltd & Trustee of Muni Seva Ashram, India
- Solar Food Processing in Eastern Africa - a Summary - Bernhard Müller, Natural Resources and Waste Management Alliance, NAREWAMA, Kenya
- Sustainable Development by Integrating Use of Solar Cookers for Organic Products - Janak Palta McGilligan, Jimmy McGilligan Centre For Sustainable Development, India
- The Science Behind Solar Cookers: A Good Didactic Approach - Juan Bello Llorente, Centro Integrado de Formación Profesional SOMESO, Spain
- The Durabilitity of Evacuated Solar Cooking Tubes - Somae Preliminary Field Trials - Dave Oxford and Stewart Maclachlan - Stewart MacLachlan/Dave Oxford, SLiCK Solar Stove, United Kingdom
Day Two, January 23ndEdit
- Mediterranean Diet - past present, and future of solar food processing (Solar food processing in Mediterranean Algarve) - Nídia Braz, University of the Algarve, Portugal
- Solar Cooking with Heat Storage: Experiments using PCM and figures of merits for solar cookers (Slides) - António Lecuona
- High precision membrane solar concentrators - Daniel Müller, Tamera, Portugal
- Case Study of Food Processing Factory Using Solar Concentrators - Ghanshyam Lukhi, Tapi Foods, India
- Concrete Funnel Cooker: Useful permanent outside device for slow cooking - Celestino Ruivo, University of the Algarve, Portugal
- Peter Haastrup presents the Kenya Village Project at the University of Algarve -Peter Haastrup , Ryerson University, Canada
2016 Conference postersEdit
- Reconstruction of the First Solar Furnace built by Father Himalaya's Description, Modeling, and Perspectives - A. Darbon, R. Le Gall, A. Sanchez, J-J. Serra; Father Himalaya Friends Association,
- Extension of Shelf Life of Fruits and Vegetables by Solar Thermal Drying with High Solar Fraction in Temperate Climates]] (also paper) - Sonnenobst
- Necessary Developments in Solar Cookers to make them more popular - Ashok Kundapur
- Suara Yatra - Our Reflections on Solar-Thermal Applications - James Dean Conklin, Alan Bigelow, Andrew Mattina, Solar Punch
- GIZ ten Conditions for successful Solar Cooking Adoption - Dorothea Otremba (GIZ)
- Solar kitchen live sessions - a tool for sharing the latest in solar technology for cooking - Alejandra Blanco, Francisco Javier Macías, – Solar Show Cooking, Spain
- Three Million Solar Cookers Worldwide Impacting Over Eleven Million People - Caitlyn Hughes, Julie Greene, Solar Cookers International
- NEW: CONSOLFOOD 2020
- CONSOLFOOD 2018
- April 2016: Faro Declaration of Intent (English, Spanish)
- Solar Food Processing Network
- See Celestino Ruivo.