Last edited: 8 June 2020
CONSOLFOOD 2020 took place 22-24 January 2020 at Instituto Superior de Engenharia, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal. The Organizing Committee, under the Chairmanship of Celestino Ruivo, received almost 60 relevant papers from all over the world. These were submitted to the Scientific and Advisory Committee for review. In all, 48 papers were presented during the three-day Conference. Once again, the focus was on advances in solar cooking, solar food processing, and related topics. All abstracts, presentations, and some full-length papers from this, and previous CONSOLFOOD conferences, may be freely downloaded from the CONSOLFOOD website: http://www.consolfood.org
Photos from the event
- June 2020: 4th Webinar CONSOLFOOD, Spreading the solar cooking "virus" - CONSOLFOOD organizers, Prof. Celestino Ruivo and Ajay Chandak hosted a webinar on 30 May 2020 featuring Hemant Deshpande, a lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at Government Polytechnic in Miraj, India, speaking on solar cooking promotion. You can watch it here.
- June 2020: 5th Webinar CONSOLFOOD, Spreading the solar cooking "virus" - Prof. Luiz Guilherme Meira de Souza, from the Laboratório de Máquinas Hiiráulicas a Energia Solar/DEM-UFRN, is introduced by Prof. Celestino Ruivo to provide his insight on the value of solar cooking. The webinar is in Portuguese. You can watch it here.
Conference papers and presentation slides
- Box Cooker Glazing: Sloped or Horizontal? A Study of the Optical Efficiency - Daniel Feuermann
- Analysis of the Thermal Behavior of a Tunnel-Type Dryer with Hybridization of Solar Technologies - Margarita Castillo Téllez, Beatríz Castillo Téllez, Luz María Hernández Cruz, José Andrés Alanís Navarro
- Field Trial to Determine the Capacity of a Single Person to Manually Maintain Multiple Focussed Beams on a Single Target - Andrew Wilson, BAppSc
- A Field Trial — Using a Heat Trap, Insulation, and Heat Sinks With a 1.5m Parabolic Solar Concentrator to Attempt the Pizza Oven Challenge at Latitude 32S - Andrew Wilson, BAppSc
- Natural Criterion for Defining the 3D Focus of a Parabolic Solar Cooker Composed of Flat Lamellae - Dr. Ilko Petrov
- SunStore Cooker – A Battery Type Solar Cooker Charged by an Automated Sun Tracking System (Slides) - Akiko Ishibashi, Jonn Reim, Jakob Jensen
- High Temperature Solar Cooking System With a PCM Energy Storage Unit - Olivia Alves, V. A. F. Costa
- Experimental Evaluation of the Tolokatsin V Solar Oven - Eduardo A. Rincón Mejía, Marco Aurelio Díaz Leal González, Eduardo Vázquez Valdez, Eduardo González Mora
- Cooking with Stored Solar Energy - Seggy & Jane Segaran
- Experimental testing of a solar box cooker with thermal energy storage based on xylitol - Giovanni Di Nicola, et al
- Lessons Learned from Applied Solar Cooking In Community, Tamera, Portugal - Franziska Klapper, Hannah Larndorfer, Katrin Münch
- Promoting Solar Cooking in Northern Sri Lanka - Seggy and Jane Segaran
- Solar Cooker in Urban Environment as a Complement to Liquified Petroleum Gas Cooking - Case Study in Las Tunas Neighborhood, Buenos Aires - Manuel F. Semedo, Lucio Capalbo, Pamela Scanio
- The Challenges of Everyday Solar Cooking in Communities - A. Fernándes Torres, C. Karystinos
Articles in the media
- February 2020: Third International Congress on Advances in Solar Thermal Food Processing - (English version)
- Prof. Pedro Serrano Rodriguez has published an open letter to the participants of CONSOLFOOD 2020 and the whole solar cooking community.
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Institute of Engineering
University of the Algarve
Tel: +351 289800166 / +351 289800100 (ext. 6571)
Fax: +351 289888405
- See Celestino Ruivo.