Last edited: 25 April 2021
- NEW: 15-17 September 2021: Climate Chance Summit Africa 2021 - Registration is open to attend the virtual 3rd edition of the Climate Chance Africa Summit. Three days of sessions on key themes and sectors of climate action hosted by non-state actors engaged in climate change in Africa. There is no charge for attendance, but registration is required
- NEW: Friday, 17 September 2021 (10:30am CDT, 15:30 GMT): Homeschool program on solar cooking - The Syracuse-Turkey Creek Township Public Library, in Syracuse, Indiana, USA, offers online programs for homeschool students on Fridays at 10:30am. This program is described as learning to build and use a solar cooker. Read more...
- NEW: 5 October 2021: American made solar competition - The U.S. Dept. of Energy is sponsoring a a multi-part competition to spur solar manufacturing, develop innovative solar solutions and products, and create domestic jobs and opportunities through public-private partnerships. The contest is open to U.S. residents, and the final phase is still open for submittals until 5 October 2021. Much of the attention has been with photovoltaic solutions, and this last phase is structured with two tracks that focus separately on hardware and software components. Solar cooking equipment should qualify as hardware solutions. Read more about the competition...
- NEW: 22-26 November 2021: 2nd National Congress for Solar Drying and Cooking Food - An affiliated group of universities in Mexico will host an online conference relating to solar food drying and cooking, as well as, food safety and energy savings realized with minimal environmental impact. Participants can register to view the presentations, or apply for presentation consideration. The conference will be in Spanish. Registration information... - (English version)
- 17-23 December 2021: Solar Cooking Awareness Week (Southern Hemisphere) - A loosely organized bid to acknowledge the fun and benefits of solar cooking. Show someone how to solar cook and share a meal.
- 24-26 January 2022: Fourth International Conference: Advances in Solar Thermal Food Processing - CONSOLFOOD Chairman, Celestino Ruivo, has announced an extended call for abstracts for the upcoming conference in January 2022, which is now planned to be an online event. Advances in solar cooking as well as solar food processing will be considered for inclusion. The event schedule and submission requirements are in CONSOLFOOD 2022 conference information.
- Main article: Calendar of events
Please see our articles on past conferences below, many of which include downloadable copies of the papers presented:
- CONSOLFOOD 2020
- CONSOLFOOD 2018
- 6th SCI World Conference 2017 (Vadodara, Gujarat, India)
- CONSOLFOOD 2016 (Faro, Portugal)
- SCI Regional Convention - North America 2015 (Sacramento, USA)
- SCInet Solar Cooking Convention 2014 (Sacramento, USA)
- International Solar Food Processing Conference 2009 (Indore, India)
- Solar Cookers and Food Processing International Conference (2006) (Granada, Spain)
2000 - Kimberley, South Africa. "International Conference on Solar Cooking 2000" Sponsor: Dept. of Minerals and Energy, S.A. South Africa Government.
1999 - Varese, Italy. "International Conference on World Solar Cooking and Food Processing - Strategies and Financing" Co sponsors: World Solar Programme and Solar Academy (UNESCO), GTZ, FAST (Italy).
1997 - Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. "Third International Conference on Solar Cookers - Use and Technology" Co sponsors: Avinashilingam University and Solar Cookers International.
1994 - Heredia, Costa Rica. "Second World Conference on Solar Cookers - Use and Technology" Co sponsors: Universidad Nacional and Solar Cookers International.
All items (14)