Last edited: 12 July 2019
There is a wide variety of solar cooker designs, many of them very simple to build from inexpensive, easy-to-obtain materials. Some can be built in as little as an hour for less than USD 5.00. Start by choosing a cooker design type based on your requirements. The table below lists strengths and weaknesses of the most common types, and shows some popular cookers of each type. Below each table are all cooker plans of that cooker type. You can also buy a solar cooker from a variety of companies.
Types of solar cookers
- Solar panel cookers
- Solar box cookers
- Parabolic solar cookers
- Evacuated tube solar cookers
- Solar trough cookers
- Solar array cookers
- Fresnel solar cookers
- Scroll down to see all solar cooker plans.
- The original "Plans page" in the Solar Cooking Archive
- Evaluation of Several Original and Commonly Used Solar Cooker Designs - Dane Dormio and Steven Jones
- NEW: Construction of Solar Cookers and Driers - Christelle Souriau & David Amelin (This is an excellent overview of solar cooking basics and simple solar cooker and dryer construction methods.)
All construction plans
Scroll down to find links to all of the different plans for solar cookers found on this wiki.
All items (107)