Last edited: 5 August 2019
- NEW: 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi, Kenya): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host the Clean Cooking Forum 2019, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from November 5-7. With the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact,” the sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
- November 2012: In Colombia, the weather conditions are highly variable, and at any time, a sunny day can easily become a rainy day. For Colombian urban dwellers, solar cooking is still considered a great option in sunny conditions, but it still falls short of a complete cooking solution for families. It requires open access to good sunshine, and as of yet, offers limited thermal storage. Therefore Proyectos Solares Inteligentes has been working for years on a model that meets the demanding requirements of modern man and yet is also a solution for rural dwellers. The type of solar cooker is called Nevehorno. A patent application is in process for this hybrid solar/electric cooker. The oven can be used at nighttime or indoors using 500 watts of energy, which is about a quarter of the use of a similarly sized conventional oven. If there is no electricity, the oven can run off charcoal, biomass, or wood like a barbecue. It can also function as a passive refrigerator that keeps food cold for relatively long periods without consuming energy.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Colombia
- NEW: Colombia Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
Audio and video
- February 2009:
Grupos de discusión Facebook
- Cocineros Solares
- Cocineros Solares Sin Fronteras
- Cocina Solar Mexico
- Solar Renewable Energy in Costa Rica
- Solar Show Cooking (Spain)
- Preguntas Frecuentes de la Cocción Solar
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.