Last edited: 13 May 2017
- NEW: 30-31 May 2019: Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind - Ireland will host; Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind. The conference will focus attention on reaching the furthest behind first, with topics such as: households and settings, evaluating pathways to modern sustainable cooking energy systems, policy options, and more. More information...
- NEW: 22-24 January 2020: CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts is 31 May 2019. Abstracts should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in .doc, .docx, or pdf format. More conference information...
- November 2012: In Colombia, the weather conditions are highly variable, and at any time, a sunny day can easily become a rainy day. For Colombian urban dwellers, solar cooking is still considered a great option in sunny conditions, but it still falls short of a complete cooking solution for families. It requires open access to good sunshine, and as of yet, offers limited thermal storage. Therefore Proyectos Solares Inteligentes has been working for years on a model that meets the demanding requirements of modern man and yet is also a solution for rural dwellers. The type of solar cooker is called Nevehorno. A patent application is in process for this hybrid solar/electric cooker. The oven can be used at nighttime or indoors using 500 watts of energy, which is about a quarter of the use of a similarly sized conventional oven. If there is no electricity, the oven can run off charcoal, biomass, or wood like a barbecue. It can also function as a passive refrigerator that keeps food cold for relatively long periods without consuming energy.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
Articles in the media
Audio and video
- February 2009:
Grupos de discusión Facebook
- Cocineros Solares
- Cocinillas Solares Sin Fronteras
- Cocina Solar Mexico
- Solar Renewable Energy in Costa Rica
- Solar Show Cooking (Spain)
- Preguntas Frecuentes de la Cocción Solar
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors