Last edited: 2 April 2019
- NEW: 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host the Clean Cooking Forum 2019, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from November 5-7. With the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact,” the sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. Abstracts were to be sent via email to email@example.com in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. More conference information...
- April 2019: Cyprus inventor and entrepreneur explains his solar cooker business - Savvas Hadjixenophontos, founder of Fornelia Ltd., built his first solar oven in 1983. He has continued to develop versions of various solar cookers, but is now focused on an evacuated tube style, which offers very efficient solar thermal cooking capabilities. Read more...
- May 7, 2012: Re-newcy organized a solar cooking show at the entrance of the old port of Paphos with great success.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
Articles in the media
- April 2019: Let the Sun Cook Your Meal - CyprusMail Online
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.