Last edited: 29 June 2020
- NEW: Webinar: 11 July, 2020 (2:00-4:00 PDT, 9:00pm-11:00pm GMT): Cooking using a Haybox and a Battery Powered Slow Cooker - This webinar, presented by SF Innovations Ltd, will look at two different techniques of cooking using a well insulated cooking container. It will show how to cook rice, stews and even bake bread using little or no fossil fuel. Registration information...
- NEW: 1-4 September 2020: EuroSun2020 is going virtual - The conference will be now be held on a virtual platform, as a response to safety concerns surrounding Covid-19. According to the organization, "We are currently working on new registration fees that reflect the resources and support for creating the virtual conference infrastructure and presenting the conference online. We will provide more details on the registration rates in the coming weeks." The 13th Conference on Solar Energy for Buildings and Industry will offer a platform to discuss the latest developments with leading solar energy experts, policy makers, and industry representatives. More information...
- December 2020: SWC50 – The Century of Solar - In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne Australia. ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Conference and Display, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50). The face-to-face conference, originally scheduled for 2-4 December 2020, will be replaced by a series of eight virtual conferences over the course of the month in December 2020. It will include the same panel sessions that were planned for the in-person planned event. More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing email@example.com.
- April 2019: Cyprus inventor and entrepreneur explains his solar cooker business - Savvas Hadjixenophontos, founder of Fornelia Ltd., built his first solar oven in 1983. He has continued to develop versions of various solar cookers, but is now focused on an evacuated tube style, which offers very efficient solar thermal cooking capabilities. Read more...
- May 7, 2012: Re-newcy organized a solar cooking show at the entrance of the old port of Paphos with great success.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Cyprus
- Cyprus Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the mediaEdit
- April 2019: Let the Sun Cook Your Meal - CyprusMail Online
The entities listed below are either based in Cyprus, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.