Last edited: 29 June 2020
Events[edit | edit source]
- NEW: 14-26 March 2021, NGO CSW 65 Forum: - NGO CSW/NY organizes the civil society side of the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW). The NGO CSW Forum runs parallel to the events occurring within the UN Headquarters. Solar Cookers International Executive Director, Caitlyn Hughes, will be speaking on Thursday, March 25 (11:30am EST, 4:30 pm GMT). Attendance to the forum is free, but attendees must first register as an Advocate, for which there is also no charge. Registration information...
News[edit | edit source]
- April 2019: Cyprus inventor and entrepreneur explains his solar cooker business - Savvas Hadjixenophontos, founder of Fornelia Ltd., built his first solar oven in 1983. He has continued to develop versions of various solar cookers, but is now focused on an evacuated tube style, which offers very efficient solar thermal cooking capabilities. Read more...
- May 7, 2012: Re-newcy organized a solar cooking show at the entrance of the old port of Paphos with great success.
History[edit | edit source]
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Cyprus
- Cyprus Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Resources[edit | edit source]
Possible funders[edit source]
Facebook groups[edit source]
Reports[edit | edit source]
Articles in the media[edit | edit source]
- April 2019: Let the Sun Cook Your Meal - CyprusMail Online
Web pages[edit | edit source]
The entities listed below are either based in Cyprus, or have established solar cooking projects there:
SCI Associates[edit source]
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors[edit source]
Government agencies[edit source]
Educational institutions[edit source]
See also[edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.