Last edited: 2 April 2019
- 5-7 July 2019 (Trozena): Solar Cooking with a black ceramic steam cooker - At this three-day Trozena Camp workshop you will have the chance to create your black ceramic steamer, including a Diamond Solar Cooker made by Renewcy. More information...
- 30-31 May 2019 (Wexford, Ireland): Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind - The conference will focus attention on reaching the furthest behind first, with topics such as households and settings, evaluating pathways to modern sustainable cooking energy systems, policy options, and more. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts is 31 May 2019. Abstracts should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. More conference information...
- NEW: April 2019: Cyprus inventor and entrepreneur explains his solar cooker business - Savvas Hadjixenophontos, founder of Fornelia Ltd., built his first solar oven in 1983. He has continued to develop versions of various solar cookers, but is now focused on an evacuated tube style, which offers very efficient solar thermal cooking capabilities. Read more...
- May 7, 2012: Re-newcy organized a solar cooking show at the entrance of the old port of Paphos with great success.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
Articles in the media
- NEW: April 2019: Let the Sun Cook Your Meal - CyprusMail Online
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association