Last edited: 29 June 2020
Events[edit | edit source]
- NEW: 2 December 2020 (7 a.m. PST, 10 a.m. EST, 3 p.m. UTC): United Nations Climate Dialogue - Join Solar Cookers International (SCI) for a special event at the United Nations with the Women and Gender Constituency. SCI Executive Director, Caitlyn Hughes, Science Director, Alan Bigelow Ph.D., and Anne Barre (WGC) will be discussing solar cooking's positive impacts on women and the environment. Register for this free event
- NEW: Webinar: 4 December 2020 (1:30 p.m. IST, 8:00 a.m. GMT): Sustainability through Solar Energy and Entrepreneurship - Hosted by Jagan Nath University, the International Foundation for Sustainable Development in Africa and Asia, African Asian Studies Promotion Association, and the Society for Sustainable Agriculture & Resources Management will present this webinar. Ten prominent experts in their fields will provide background information and news of the latest sustainability findings. Registration information...
- December 2020: SWC50 – The Century of Solar - In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne Australia. ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Conference and Display, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50). The face-to-face conference, originally scheduled for 2-4 December 2020, will be replaced by a series of eight virtual conferences over the course of the month in December 2020. It will include the same panel sessions that were planned for the in-person planned event. More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
News[edit | edit source]
- April 2019: Cyprus inventor and entrepreneur explains his solar cooker business - Savvas Hadjixenophontos, founder of Fornelia Ltd., built his first solar oven in 1983. He has continued to develop versions of various solar cookers, but is now focused on an evacuated tube style, which offers very efficient solar thermal cooking capabilities. Read more...
- May 7, 2012: Re-newcy organized a solar cooking show at the entrance of the old port of Paphos with great success.
History[edit | edit source]
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Cyprus
- Cyprus Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Resources[edit | edit source]
Possible funders[edit source]
Facebook groups[edit source]
Reports[edit | edit source]
Articles in the media[edit | edit source]
- April 2019: Let the Sun Cook Your Meal - CyprusMail Online
Web pages[edit | edit source]
The entities listed below are either based in Cyprus, or have established solar cooking projects there:
SCI Associates[edit source]
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors[edit source]
Government agencies[edit source]
Educational institutions[edit source]
See also[edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.