Last edited: 23 April 2020
Deepak Gadhia is a manufacturer of Scheffler concentrators and steam cooking systems, parabolic cookers, etc. He engineered and helped create large arrays of Scheffler concentrators for institutions, one of which at Tirupati, India, solar cooks 50,000 meals per day.
Deepak and his late wife Shirin Gadhia, formerly of Gadhia Solar Energy Systems Pvt. Ltd., were awarded the "Business Leadership Award 2005 for Solar Thermal" at the annual International Congress on Renewable Energy (ICORE) in Hyderabad. The award was received from the Solar Energy Society of India (SESI), a member of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES). "Like all pioneering work, initially the path had been a slow, up-hill process," said the Gadhias. "But now, due to ever-increasing energy costs and environmental catastrophes like global warming, it makes mankind realize that clean, renewable, sustainable technologies are the best possible option." Upon winning the award, the Gadhias acknowledged Dr. Dieter Seifert and Wolfgang Scheffler, whose solar concentrator cooking technologies are promoted by Gadhia Solar. Dr Shirin Gadhia, his wife passed away on 5th April 2011 after a brave and short battle with cancer. Deepak Gadhia Solar has moved to the Muni Seva Ashram, is a Trustee there, and looks after Renewables and Sustainability of Ashram. He has sold his shares in Gadhia Solar to Mr. Badal Shah. He now mentors and supports many start-ups like Excellent Renewable Pvt. Ltd, a Biogas company and GreenForce Enviro Pvt. Ltd, a company in Mumbai that offers Green Solutions. He is also Chairman of Gehrlicher Solar India Pvt. Ltd. a JV between Gehrlicher Solar AG of Germany and GreenForce and offers EPC Solutions for MW Solar Parks. Mr. Gadhia was a Solar Cookers International board member in 2012.
News[edit | edit source]
- April 2020:
- May 2016: Deepak Gadhia will be presenting on solar cooking at the International SolarZentrum Conference in Germany. Read more here.
- April 2016: CONSOLFOOD 2016 presentation - Deepak-gadhia-ppt Faro 2016.pdf|Evolution of Solar Concentrating Technologies in India, from the domestic community to institutional cooking. New solar concentrator technologies to expand its usage for the food processing industry (process heating, cooling, drying, etc) - Deepak Gadhia, Chief Mentor, EnerSun Power Tech P. Ltd & Trustee of Muni Seva Ashram, India
- February 2013: The Solar Food Processing Network (SFPN) held a regional workshop in January 2013 at the Muni Seva Ashram in Goraj, Vadodara, Gujarat, India. This gathering was a follow-up to the 2009 AFPN conference held in Indore, India in 2010. Workshop participants heard from food marketing and technology experts. Conference organizers, Deepak Gadhia and Rolf Behringer held discussions on local and international marketing, village industries, packaging, policy interventions, R&D, and effective monitoring and evaluation of projects. Attendees discussed the formation of an international solar food standard and shared their own practical experiences using solar technology for food processing. Visit the Solar Food Processing Network to see a muscial video of the event and videos of solar food processing projects in Burkina Faso.
Articles in the media[edit | edit source]
- March 2017: Budget 2017: Experts urge for greater subsidy on purchase of solar products - Daily News & Analysis
- June 2012: Gujarat septuagenarian taps solar power - Daily News and Analysis
Audio and video[edit | edit source]
- March 2017:
- June 2016: Deepak Gadhia tells the story his solar cooking research and promotion (Starts in German, but switches to English after the first minute)
- July 2015:
- May 2014:
Publications[edit | edit source]
- January 2018: Solar Concentrator Evoluation in India and Way Ahead - Deepak Gadhia
- January 2016: Evolution of Solar Concentrating Technologies in India, from the domestic community to institutional cooking. New solar concentrator technologies to expand its usage for the food processing industry (process heating, cooling, drying, etc)
- January 2009: Indian Case Study of Bundling of Solar Steam Cooking Projects to Sell Gold Atandards Certified Emission Reduction (CER) and Voluntary Emission Reductions (VER) - Deepak Gadhia
- January 2009: Parabolic Solar Concentrators for Cooking and Food Processing - Deepak Gadhia
[edit | edit source]
- Muni Seva Ashram
- A large collection of photographs of solar cooking devices at the Muni Ashram
- Solar Cooker Review article on Deepak and Shirin Ghadia receiving the Business Leadership Award 2005 for Solar Thermal
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deepak.gadhia.9
Contact[edit | edit source]
Mobile: +91 9825117353
Office: +91 2668268010
Fax: +91 2668268050