Last edited: 30 August 2016
- NEW: 30-31 May 2019: Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind - Ireland will host; Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind. The conference will focus attention on reaching the furthest behind first, with topics such as: households and settings, evaluating pathways to modern sustainable cooking energy systems, policy options, and more. More information...
- NEW: 22-24 January 2020: CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts is 31 May 2019. Abstracts should be sent via email to email@example.com in .doc, .docx, or pdf format. More conference information...
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Djibouti
- Discussion of eastern Africa's suitability for solar cooking
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Construction plans in Arabic
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
- August 2016: Solar Cooking Potential in Horn of Africa Refugee Camps Stanford University 2013: Robert Firme, Hunter Ploch, Travis Edwards
Articles in the media
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors