Last edited: 6 August 2019
- 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi, Kenya): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host this forum with the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact.” The sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
- March 2006: Armando Herculano reports that he leads solar cooking demonstrations and workshops for schools, nongovernmental organizations, and local agencies. He recently designed a panel-type solar cooker called Girassol (“sunflower”). Its pentagonal shape eliminates the need to reorient the cooker to track the sun’s movement. With teacher friend António Serafim, Armando Herculano introduced the solar cooker to classes at National University of East Timor. This event was covered in local newspapers as well as on television.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of East Timor
- East Timor Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
- December 2017: Rainbow Power Company donates solar oven to Timor-Leste - Echo NetDaily
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.