Last edited: 6 August 2019
- NEW: 27 February 2020 (8:00-8:30 am PST, 16:00-16:30 GMT): Analysis of the Economic Impacts of Solar Cooking - Solar Cookers International
Have your event listed here by emailing email@example.com.
- March 2006: Armando Herculano reports that he leads solar cooking demonstrations and workshops for schools, nongovernmental organizations, and local agencies. He recently designed a panel-type solar cooker called Girassol (“sunflower”). Its pentagonal shape eliminates the need to reorient the cooker to track the sun’s movement. With teacher friend António Serafim, Armando Herculano introduced the solar cooker to classes at National University of East Timor. This event was covered in local newspapers as well as on television.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of East Timor
- East Timor Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the mediaEdit
- December 2017: Rainbow Power Company donates solar oven to Timor-Leste - Echo NetDaily
The entities listed below are either based in East Timor, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.