Last edited: 4 August 2019
- NEW: 27 March 2020 (14:00 - 15:30 GMT): Women’s Energy Entrepreneurship - More information...
- NEW: 28 March 2020 (16:45 - 18:20 GMT): 1stWebinar CONSOLFOOD - Spreading the solar cooking “virus” - More information...
- NEW: 4-5 April 2020: Global Health & Innovation Conference - At this 17th annual conference, learn from more than 200 speakers who are committed to effective, responsible programs in health, development, entrepreneurship, and education. More information...
- NEW: 23-26 June 2020: ASES SOLAR 20/20 - In conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon, the American Solar Energy Society is sponsoring the global event, SOLAR 20/20. Hear the latest information on climate change, as well as learn about amazing technology and market advances by innovators and financiers. This will be a push by everyone across the political spectrum for more control of our energy choices to reduce associated costs. NEW: SOLAR 20/20 will happen over the same dates, but as a virtual event. More information...
- NEW: 29 June - 01 July 2020 (Frieburg, Germany): International Energy Workshop - More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 2016: Mahmoud Mousa, Abdullah Osama, and Ahmed Essam of E-Innovation won second place overall in the Kuwait Global Technopreneurship Challenge for their solar box cooker design. The event was organized by Wamda, a group dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs in MENA (Middle East and North Africa region). E-Innonation sees their design as a good solar cooker option for low-income families and intends to explore Egypt as the initial market.
- December 2013: Egyptian solar inventor Ahmed Megahed received the 2012 Energy Globe award as well as the Arab Organization for Industrialization Award, and he was short-listed for several other awards for his prototype design of a multiple-use solar thermal cooking device. More information...
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Egypt
- Egypt Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Construction plans in ArabicEdit
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
Articles in the mediaEdit
- January 2016: A cost effective and environmentally friendly way to cook your food, straight out of Kuwait - Wanda
The entities listed below are either based in Egypt, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.