Last edited: 4 August 2019
- NEW: 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi, Kenya): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host the Clean Cooking Forum 2019, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from November 5-7. With the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact,” the sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
- January 2016: Mahmoud Mousa, Abdullah Osama, and Ahmed Essam of E-Innovation won second place overall in the Kuwait Global Technopreneurship Challenge for their solar box cooker design. The event was organized by Wamda, a group dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs in MENA (Middle East and North Africa region). E-Innonation sees their design as a good solar cooker option for low-income families and intends to explore Egypt as the initial market.
- December 2013: Egyptian solar inventor Ahmed Megahed received the 2012 Energy Globe award as well as the Arab Organization for Industrialization Award, and he was short-listed for several other awards for his prototype design of a multiple-use solar thermal cooking device. More information...
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Egypt
- NEW: Egypt Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Construction plans in Arabic
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
Articles in the media
- January 2016: A cost effective and environmentally friendly way to cook your food, straight out of Kuwait - Wanda
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.