Last edited: 4 August 2019
- NEW: 27 February 2020 (8:00-8:30 am PST, 16:00-16:30 GMT): Analysis of the Economic Impacts of Solar Cooking - Solar Cookers International
Have your event listed here by emailing email@example.com.
- January 2016: Mahmoud Mousa, Abdullah Osama, and Ahmed Essam of E-Innovation won second place overall in the Kuwait Global Technopreneurship Challenge for their solar box cooker design. The event was organized by Wamda, a group dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs in MENA (Middle East and North Africa region). E-Innonation sees their design as a good solar cooker option for low-income families and intends to explore Egypt as the initial market.
- December 2013: Egyptian solar inventor Ahmed Megahed received the 2012 Energy Globe award as well as the Arab Organization for Industrialization Award, and he was short-listed for several other awards for his prototype design of a multiple-use solar thermal cooking device. More information...
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Egypt
- Egypt Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Construction plans in ArabicEdit
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
Articles in the mediaEdit
- January 2016: A cost effective and environmentally friendly way to cook your food, straight out of Kuwait - Wanda
The entities listed below are either based in Egypt, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.