Last edited: 5 August 2019
Have your event listed here by emailing email@example.com.
- April 2015: Finnish social enterprise GoSol.org has launched a crowdfunding campaign called #FreeTheSun (http://www.gosol.org/FreeTheSun). They are crowdfunding to freely publish the designs of their multifunctional, scalable solar concentrators, as well as to mount projects around the world with their partners.
- January 2014: Finnish food visionary Antto Melasniemi, and Catalan designer Martí Guixé have been successfully operating the traveling Solar Kitchen Restaurant since 2011. The Solar Kitchen Restaurant has followed the sun through Europe, visiting a range of cities where it presented this extraordinary culinary concept.
- April, 2011: Sheela Kiiskilä, from SciFun, introduced Solar cooking to Tampere IB highschool students along with visiting students from France and showed them a few examples of solar cookers. The students are divided into groups and are tasked with designing, making and testing solar cookers. There will be an exhibition of solar cookers on April 29th, 2011 at the school premises. Along with high school students, preschool students from IEEC, Tampere also got introduced to solar cookers and are creating their own solar cookers to display on 29th.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Finland
- Finland Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the mediaEdit
Audio and videoEdit
- December 2014:
- August 2013:
The entities listed below are either based in Finland, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.