Last edited: 23 August 2016
- NEW: 30-31 May 2019: Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind - Ireland will host; Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind. The conference will focus attention on reaching the furthest behind first, with topics such as: households and settings, evaluating pathways to modern sustainable cooking energy systems, policy options, and more. More information...
- NEW: 22-24 January 2020: CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts is 31 May 2019. Abstracts should be sent via email to email@example.com in .doc, .docx, or pdf format. More conference information...
- April 2015: Finnish social enterprise GoSol.org has launched a crowdfunding campaign called #FreeTheSun (http://www.gosol.org/FreeTheSun). They are crowdfunding to freely publish the designs of their multifunctional, scalable solar concentrators, as well as to mount projects around the world with their partners.
- January 2014: Finnish food visionary Antto Melasniemi, and Catalan designer Martí Guixé have been successfully operating the traveling Solar Kitchen Restaurant since 2011. The Solar Kitchen Restaurant has followed the sun through Europe, visiting a range of cities where it presented this extraordinary culinary concept.
- April, 2011: Sheela Kiiskilä, from SciFun, introduced Solar cooking to Tampere IB highschool students along with visiting students from France and showed them a few examples of solar cookers. The students are divided into groups and are tasked with designing, making and testing solar cookers. There will be an exhibition of solar cookers on April 29th, 2011 at the school premises. Along with high school students, preschool students from IEEC, Tampere also got introduced to solar cookers and are creating their own solar cookers to display on 29th.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
Articles in the media
Audio and video
- December 2014:
- August 2013:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors