Last edited: 3 March 2020
- NEW: Webinar: 11 July, 2020 (2:00-4:00 PDT, 9:00pm-11:00pm GMT): Cooking using a Haybox and a Battery Powered Slow Cooker - This webinar, presented by SF Innovations Ltd, will look at two different techniques of cooking using a well insulated cooking container. It will show how to cook rice, stews and even bake bread using little or no fossil fuel. Registration information...
- NEW: 1-4 September 2020: EuroSun2020 is going virtual - The conference will be now be held on a virtual platform, as a response to safety concerns surrounding Covid-19. According to the organization, "We are currently working on new registration fees that reflect the resources and support for creating the virtual conference infrastructure and presenting the conference online. We will provide more details on the registration rates in the coming weeks." The 13th Conference on Solar Energy for Buildings and Industry will offer a platform to discuss the latest developments with leading solar energy experts, policy makers, and industry representatives. More information...
- December 2020: SWC50 – The Century of Solar - In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne Australia. ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Conference and Display, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50). The face-to-face conference, originally scheduled for 2-4 December 2020, will be replaced by a series of eight virtual conferences over the course of the month in December 2020. It will include the same panel sessions that were planned for the in-person planned event. More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing email@example.com.
- November 2018: SCI opening new doors in France and Switzerland with WHO - Solar Cookers International Science Director and primary UN representative, Dr. Alan Bigelow, presented the current work SCI at Clean Tech Week in Annecy, France. Read more...
- January 2017: The traveling solar restaurant: Professional chef, Pierre-André Aubert, presented his experiences testing a mobile solar restaurant at the 6th SCI World Conference 2017. He has also included the detailed development of the solar kitchen. Aubert is optimistic about the future of this concept based on the reaction he received from the patrons of the test restaurant. Read more about his project: Testing Phase of the First Solar Restaurant of France (Europe)
- December 2015: Gilles Gallo, the founder and president of IDCOOK participated in the COP21 climate conference in Paris:
- August 2015: Des jeunes d’un centre de loisirs sensibilisés à la cuisson solaire - (English version)
- February 2015: Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil, Newsletter, February 2015
- September 2014: Paris solar cooking demonstration - IDCOOK held a solar cooking demonstration on the rooftop of the BHV building in Paris, France.
- February 2014: French solar cuisine done with style - Sun and Ice shares photos of one of their reflectors incorporated into a portable solar kitchen, created by one of their customers in France. The small, trailered construction is a rolling work of art. See more photos on the Facebook page.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- July 2006: Solar Cooking in Europe - Why and How? - Michael Götz
- Wikipedia article on the climate of France
- France Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
- Atlas de la cuisine solaire
- Ateliers de construction et d'utilisation de cuiseurs solaires (Solar Inti, Argentine)
Articles in the mediaEdit
- June 2017: Le Présage – Le 1er restaurant solaire de France est à Aubagne - (English version)
- June 2016: Un four solaire innovant assemblé par l’ESAT de Braconnac - APJH dan le Tarn (English version)
- April 2009: Jeunesse, paix et aide humanitaire pour la semaine nationale du Rotary - La Voix du Nord (English version)
Audio and VideoEdit
- August 2019: Video showing recent solar cooking event in Sorède
- July 2019: Barbecue solaire : la “bonne cuisine” écolo - Alain Bivas cuisine tout dans le barbecue écolo (SUNplicity) qu'il a lui-même inventé - France 3 Rhône-Alpes
- June 2015:
- November 2014:
- August 2010:
- March 2008:
- Concept de Cuisson et de Séchage Solaire
- Pascal Rastoul and Pauline Cassan's solar travel blog - (English version)
- Le Wiki des Cuissons Solaires
- Questions courantes sur les fours solaires
- La cuisson solaire (Blog) - (English version)
- Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil - (English version)
- Solar Cooking Concept - France (Site internet)
- Long list of French NGOs working with solar energy
The entities listed below are either based in France, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.