Last edited: 6 August 2019
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
- March 2006: Mr. Vazja Racvieshvili spent a week in the Netherlands with Workgroup Solar Cooker Workgroup Sliedrecht NL (WSCS) learning to construct an expanded Dierkx-type solar box cooker. The cooker — dubbed the BC.122 — is 122 centimeters wide, making economical use of plywood sheets of the same width. During summer tests, the cooker reached temperatures of 175 °C (347 °F). With tools and funds from WSCS, Mr. Racvieshvili will set up a small workshop in his village of Gurdzhaani. He believes that solar cookers can help reduce the cost of living in Georgia, a country with high unemployment. Contact: Solar Cooker Workgroup Sliedrecht NL
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Georgia
- Georgia Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the mediaEdit
The entities listed below are either based in Georgia, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.