Last edited: 18 February 2020
GoSol.org is a platform run by a small, dedicated, and multi-national team of innovators and environmentalists who have created GoSol.org, a social enterprise start-up based in Tampere, Finland.
The GoSol.org platform exists to connect businesses, NGOs and eco-enthusiasts with the technologies and services they need to achieve energy independence.
Our Mission[edit | edit source]
Our mission is to eradicate energy poverty and minimize the damage of climate change by breaking down the barriers to solar energy access. Through innovative design and a focus on accessibility we are overcoming the cost and complexity barriers currently limiting global viral deployment of solar thermal technologies in humanitarian, commercial and industrial contexts. All the tools and materials needed to implement solar thermal technologies are already produced and stocked en masse around the world; the world is ready.
Our Tech[edit | edit source]
GoSol.org technologies are high power solar concentrators built with off-the-shelf materials available everywhere in the world. To learn more about our technologies, visit http://www.gosol.org.
News[edit | edit source]
- November 2019: Community bakery - GoSol.org reports that one of their solar array cookers, first put into use in 2017 in the Kisumu area, in Kenya is still in use. It was later transferred to Friends of Ndere, a very active baking community, which already had a GoSol concentrator. In spite of this being one an early pilot unit, they are still using this unit to bake bread. More information...
- October 2018: Community solar baking oven commissioned in Gulu - A new solar array style oven has been installed by Lorin Symington of GoSol.org. GoSol reports the new oven is capable of baking 30-35 kg of bread per day. GoSol has trained 12 local youths from Smart-up Factory, a local NGO, in operating the oven. More information...
- July 2015: Muhammad Hassaan, an engineering student from Pakistan, builds a GoSol.org solar concentrator as part of his final school project. With help from two other teammates, they have designed a hybrid solar and biomass power generation system. Read more...
See also[edit | edit source]
Articles in the media[edit | edit source]
- May 2016: GoSol is building the direct solar economy with its solar concentrator - treehugger
- June, 2015: How solar thermal curbs pollution and improves health, interview with Lorin Symington - Mongabay.com
Audio and video[edit | edit source]
- June 2017:
- May 2017:
- October 2015: