Last edited: 16 February 2020
- NEW: 12-14 July 2023 (A Coruña, Spain): CONSOLFOOD2023 - Organizers have released a first call for abstracts to participate in the Fifth International Conference, taking place in Spain in 2023 as an in-person conference. The deadline for submission is 15 December 2022. More submittal information...
- August 2016: A group has formed in Athens to address and improve the lives of refugees living in the local area. They call themselves the Project Daedalus - Local Technical Group. They wish to help the transplanted refugees by teaching them new skills to be able to help themselves. They have begun to explore solar cooking as part of this approach and have assembled a simple solar panel cooker, demonstrated in the video below. Their website is at: https://daedalus.libtech.website/ltg-athens/
- July, 2014: Aftarkeia Network takes part in the SCI's Convention in Sacramento, CA USA.
- May 2014: Christiana Vlachaki of Aftarkeia Network reports that the group has been promoting solar cooking for one year, and have taught over 500 people to solar cook, and have distributed 100 solar cookers. Others in the group include: Theodore Paraskevas, Giannis Falelakis, Eleni Bourolia, Dimitra Simou, and Thanasis Giaouroudis.
Greece, one of the European countries that have a climate favorable far solar cooking, was home to at least one manufacturer producing solar cookers of high quality. Solar Systems of Athens manufactured devices made of stainless steel, others of aluminum and plastic.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Greece
- Greece Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
- July 2006: Solar Cooking in Europe - Why and How? - Michael Götz
Articles in the media
Audio and video
- August 2016:
- September 2015:
- November 2010:
The entities listed below are either based in Greece, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association