Last edited: 5 August 2019
- 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi, Kenya): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host the Clean Cooking Forum 2019, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from 5-7 November. With the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact,” the sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
Call for applications
- NEW: 10 September 2019: Deadline for call for applications: Organizations working to disseminate clean cooking technologies to household consumers - Clean Cooking Alliance
- August 2016: A group has formed in Athens to address and improve the lives of refugees living in the local area. They call themselves the Project Daedalus - Local Technical Group. They wish to help the transplanted refugees by teaching them new skills to be able to help themselves. They have begun to explore solar cooking as part of this approach and have assembled a simple solar panel cooker, demonstrated in the video below. Their website is at: https://daedalus.libtech.website/ltg-athens/
- July, 2014: Aftarkeia Network takes part in the SCI's Convention in Sacramento, CA USA.
- May 2014: Christiana Vlachaki of Aftarkeia Network reports that the group has been promoting solar cooking for one year, and have taught over 500 people to solar cook, and have distributed 100 solar cookers. Others in the group include: Theodore Paraskevas, Giannis Falelakis, Eleni Bourolia, Dimitra Simou, and Thanasis Giaouroudis.
Greece, one of the European countries that have a climate favorable far solar cooking, was home to at least one manufacturer producing solar cookers of high quality. Solar Systems of Athens manufactured devices made of stainless steel, others of aluminum and plastic.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Greece
- NEW: Greece Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
- July 2006: Solar Cooking in Europe - Why and How? - Michael Götz
Articles in the media
Audio and video
- August 2016:
- September 2015:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors