Last edited: 16 February 2020
- NEW: 1-4 September 2020 (Athens): EuroSun2020 - The 13th Conference on Solar Energy for Buildings and Industry will offer a platform to discuss the latest developments with leading solar energy experts, policy makers, and industry representatives. The program will include keynote speakers in plenary sessions, specialists meetings in breakout sessions, and poster exhibitions. More information...
- NEW: 27 March 2020 (14:00 - 15:30 GMT): Women’s Energy Entrepreneurship - More information...
- NEW: 28 March 2020 (16:45 - 18:20 GMT): 1stWebinar CONSOLFOOD - Spreading the solar cooking “virus” - More information...
- NEW: 4-5 April 2020: Global Health & Innovation Conference - At this 17th annual conference, learn from more than 200 speakers who are committed to effective, responsible programs in health, development, entrepreneurship, and education. More information...
- NEW: 23-26 June 2020: ASES SOLAR 20/20 - In conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon, the American Solar Energy Society is sponsoring the global event, SOLAR 20/20. Hear the latest information on climate change, as well as learn about amazing technology and market advances by innovators and financiers. This will be a push by everyone across the political spectrum for more control of our energy choices to reduce associated costs. NEW: SOLAR 20/20 will happen over the same dates, but as a virtual event. More information...
- NEW: 29 June - 01 July 2020 (Frieburg, Germany): International Energy Workshop - More information...
- August 2016: A group has formed in Athens to address and improve the lives of refugees living in the local area. They call themselves the Project Daedalus - Local Technical Group. They wish to help the transplanted refugees by teaching them new skills to be able to help themselves. They have begun to explore solar cooking as part of this approach and have assembled a simple solar panel cooker, demonstrated in the video below. Their website is at: https://daedalus.libtech.website/ltg-athens/
- July, 2014: Aftarkeia Network takes part in the SCI's Convention in Sacramento, CA USA.
- May 2014: Christiana Vlachaki of Aftarkeia Network reports that the group has been promoting solar cooking for one year, and have taught over 500 people to solar cook, and have distributed 100 solar cookers. Others in the group include: Theodore Paraskevas, Giannis Falelakis, Eleni Bourolia, Dimitra Simou, and Thanasis Giaouroudis.
Greece, one of the European countries that have a climate favorable far solar cooking, was home to at least one manufacturer producing solar cookers of high quality. Solar Systems of Athens manufactured devices made of stainless steel, others of aluminum and plastic.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Greece
- Greece Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
- July 2006: Solar Cooking in Europe - Why and How? - Michael Götz
Articles in the mediaEdit
Audio and videoEdit
- August 2016:
- September 2015:
- NEW: November 2010:
The entities listed below are either based in Greece, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit