Last edited: 19 March 2020
- NEW: 4-5 April 2020: Global Health & Innovation Conference - At this 17th annual conference, learn from more than 200 speakers who are committed to effective, responsible programs in health, development, entrepreneurship, and education. More information...
- NEW: 23-26 June 2020: ASES SOLAR 20/20 - In conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon, the American Solar Energy Society is sponsoring the global event, SOLAR 20/20. Hear the latest information on climate change, as well as learn about amazing technology and market advances by innovators and financiers. This will be a push by everyone across the political spectrum for more control of our energy choices to reduce associated costs. NEW: SOLAR 20/20 will happen over the same dates, but as a virtual event. More information...
- NEW: 29 June - 01 July 2020 (Frieburg, Germany): International Energy Workshop - More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2010: Jorge Seidi is a citizen of Guinea-Bissau in western Africa. Economic conditions are quite difficult there, and Jorge has been doing what he can to promote solar cooking in the area. He has experimented with information he has gathered from this website, to make a few solar panel cookers from local materials he has been able to salvage. According to Seidi, 90% of the country relies on charcoal as the primary cooking fuel. He would like to work with a local youth group to be able to make more cookers, encouraged by similar projects underway in Somalia and Chad.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Guinea-Bissau
- NEW: Guinea-Bissau Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the mediaEdit
The entities listed below are either based in Guinea-Bissau, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.