Last edited: 12 June 2017
Hartmut Ehmler lives in Berlin, Germany, and is the designer of the Lightoven I, Lightoven II, and the Lightoven III. He began experimenting with solar cooker designs in 1991, but set it aside, until he rediscovered his interest in 2010. He wished to design a solar cooker that would be lightweight and compact, easily taken camping or for other outdoor activities. This lead to the design of the Lightoven. Besides using the Lightovens, he also cooks with a Global Sun Oven.
- January 2015: Pakistani Boy Scouts are introduced to solar cooking - Hartmut Ehmler photographed this Boy Scout training event of his Lightoven III solar panel cooker. It is a lightweight portable design, suitable to take into the field for camping.
- April 2014: Hartmut's latest cooker version, the Lightoven III, is shown on the left in comparison with a CooKit.
- July 2013: Hartmut is working on refining the Lightoven I to increase its versatility and at the same time decrease the price for production by incorporating design simplifications. He feels his design may be an option for finding a more durable version of the CooKit solar panel cooker.
Audio and video
- May 2015: SunPod-Interview: Dr. Hartmut Ehmler – Lightoven III (German) - Michael Bonke
- July 2016: ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Optimization of Focal Length for a parabolic Solar Cooker Design - Hartmut Ehmler
Email: email contact page