Last edited: 13 May 2017
- NEW: 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi, Kenya): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host the Clean Cooking Forum 2019, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from November 5-7. With the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact,” the sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
- August 2010: Developing World Solar has partnered with The Public Health Brigade to donate a solar stove to a school in Los Pajarillos, Honduras. The stove will be used to serve food to the school children. Community leader Rigoberto says he will be holding a workshop soon to train the mothers of the children how to cook on the new solar technology.
One of the PROCESO organizations has been located in Honduras. The organization called Centro de Hornos Solares, was started by a woman named Martha Corina Carranza, who has been the main contact for the group. The group has operated in a similar manner to Guatemala and the other Central American nations.
The group was an independent organization, with loose links to Central American Solar Energy Project and its founder, Bill Lankford.
In 1993, a regional conference on solar cooking was held in San Pedra Sula in June, bringing together many of the promoters from the region. Solar Cookers International (SCI) was instrumental in this event, providing some small start-up money for the conference, and playing a role in the meetings themselves. The basic idea was the encouragement of networking among the solar promoters of the region, an objective that clearly was achieved. M.A. Flores and R. Calderon, two faculty members from the Universidad Nacional Autonoma, Department of Physics, Energy Section, have long been active promoters and were instrumental in organizing a major Latin American Solar Conference in 2001.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Honduras
- NEW: Honduras Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
Audio and video
Grupos de discusión Facebook
- Cocineros Solares
- Cocineros Solares Sin Fronteras
- Cocina Solar Mexico
- Solar Renewable Energy in Costa Rica
- Solar Show Cooking (Spain)
- Preguntas Frecuentes de la Cocción Solar
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors