Last edited: 19 March 2020
- NEW: 4-5 April 2020: Global Health & Innovation Conference - At this 17th annual conference, learn from more than 200 speakers who are committed to effective, responsible programs in health, development, entrepreneurship, and education. More information...
- NEW: 12-14 May 2020: ENSUS 2020 - O ENSUS reúne professores, técnicos, alunos e comunidade que buscam pela sustentabilidade integrada aos projetos e ao desenvolvimento de novos produtos, nas áreas de Arquitetura, Engenharia e Design. More information... - (English version) DA PANDEMIA COVID 19, O ENSUS 2020 SERÁ REALIZADO ONLINE (FROM PANDEMIA COVID 19, ENSUS 2020 WILL BE HELD ONLINE)
- NEW: 23-26 June 2020: ASES SOLAR 20/20 - In conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon, the American Solar Energy Society is sponsoring the global event, SOLAR 20/20. Hear the latest information on climate change, as well as learn about amazing technology and market advances by innovators and financiers. This will be a push by everyone across the political spectrum for more control of our energy choices to reduce associated costs. NEW: SOLAR 20/20 will happen over the same dates, but as a virtual event. More information...
- CANCELED: 29 June - 01 July 2020 (Frieburg): International Energy Workshop - More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing email@example.com.
- March 2006: The Côte d'Ivoire Girl Scout Federation conducted a public solar cooker workshop in Abidjan. Three Girl Scout trainers led a group of 27 participants, including representatives from governmental and nongovernmental agencies, through the three-day training course. On the first day, participants split into small groups to construct simple solar CooKits from cardboard and foil. They also painted several pots and jars black for use in their new solar cookers. On the second and third days, participants learned about the benefits and concepts of solar cooking, while foods they prepared - chicken, fish, vegetables, eggs, rice, and toh, a corn flour paste - cooked successfully in the sun. Water was also solar pasteurized, using a Water pasteurization indicator (WAPI) to determine when the water was safe. According to General Commissioner Jeanne Meland Aka, the workshop attracted national print and radio media coverage.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Northern part of the country: Dry, sunny, and sparsely populated.
- Southern part of the country: Rain, abundant firewood, and high population density.
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Ivory Coast
- NEW: Ivory Coast Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
- Discussion of West-central Africa's suitability for solar cooking
- Questions courantes sur les fours solaires
Articles in the mediaEdit
The entities listed below are either based in Ivory Coast, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.