Last edited: 29 May 2018
The Jimmy McGilligan Centre for Sustainable Development in Madhya Pradesh, India is led by Janak McGilligan, who is a Solar Cookers International Associate and a member of the Solar Cookers International Advisory Council.
News[edit | edit source]
- April 2018: Solar Food Fest - Attendees gathered to celebrate Sustainable Development week at the Centre with a potluck food fest. Twenty-two solar cookers were used to prepare 30 delicacies. The Centre has organized the sustainable development week with the aim to encourage larger numbers of people to adapt a sustainable lifestyle. Read more...
- June 2017: Dr. Janak McGilligan, SCI Global Advisor, was joined by chief guest Dr. Vandana Shiva, plenary speaker at the 6th SCI World Conference 2017, at the World Environment Day celebration. Five parabolic solar cookers were distributed to five landless women who have been cooking over open fires. The women contributed 10% of the purchase price for the PRINCE cookers. The remainder was subsidized by Solar Cookers International donors.
- April 2017: Ayurvedic pain reliever made in solar cooker at Jimmy McGilligan Centre - The Free Press Journal
- April 2017: Indore : Jimmy memorial week begins with solar food festival - The Free Press Journal
- January 2017: Scientists gather to discuss adoption issues - Scientists from 19 countries visited Jimmy McGilligan Centre for Sustainable Development to discuss issues delaying use of solar cooking technology. Deepak Gadhia from the Muni Seva Ashram commented “The problem that we have come across, which hurdles the use of solar powered cookers, is the cost involved for an average person.” “Indore has potential to become MP’s solar hub using solar cooking, food processing and related technologies for food parks, namkeen clusters and organic farming,” Centre Director, Janak Palta McGilligan added to the discussion. Read more...
- January 2017: World’s top solar cooking experts to visit Jimmy McGillian Centre - After the 6th SCI World Conference 2017 being held from 16-19 January, a number of solar cooking experts are scheduled to visit the Centre. Read more... - The Free Press Journal
Articles in the media[edit | edit source]
- May 2018: An insight into the world of Sustainable living - The Times of India
- April 2018: Indoreans prepare 30 dishes in a solar cooking festival - The Times of India
- April 2018: Meet Janak Palta: Woman Who Conceptualised Sustainable Living & Empowered Women - The Logical Indian
- March 2018: ‘Empowering’ men in solar cooking - BusinessLine
- January 2018: Indore: Energy conservation inevitable for sustainable development - The Free Press Journal
Audio and video[edit | edit source]
- July 2014:
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/janakandjimmy
Contact[edit | edit source]
- See Janak McGilligan.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.