Last edited: 1 August 2018
That experience led Greene to work as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), an educator, and ultimately to Solar Cookers International, which has global impact to improve human health and preserve the environment.
As Greene worked with women one-to-one, she saw universal patterns emerge. “While I loved working with individual women and their families, it became clear that change on a global scale needed required supportive policy and advocacy, and networks with skilled, effective partners around the world.”
Greene was a TEDxSacramento 2016 Changemaker Fellow, a TEDxGrass Valley presenter in 2012, and received the Suman Foundation’s Suryamitra Award in 2015. She was nominated for the Outstanding Women Leader Award for visionary leadership by the National Association of Women Business Owners, Sacramento Chapter, 2016.
Greene was also an editor of the SCI Digest.
Articles in the mediaEdit
- December 2016: Julie Greene is on a sun-fueled mission - Sacramento Business Journal
Audio and videoEdit
Additional audio and videoEdit
- July 2018: Julie Greene stepped down as SCI Executive Director of Solar Cookers International.
- November 2017: On September 14, SCI Executive Director Julie Greene and solar cooking aficionado Phyllis Davies were guests on the "Hometown Radio with Dave Congalton Show", broadcast by KVEC 920 AM from San Luis Obispo, California, USA. The 40-minute interview spanned numerous topics, from the health impact of no-emission passive solar cooking to the need for performance testing protocols to SCI's work with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Listen to the audio file.
- January 2016: SunPod interview with SCI director Julie Greene from recent Portugal conference
- November 2015: What’s cooking? Solar Stoves with Julie Greene: Interview with Sea Change Radio
- January 2018: Solar Cookers International Test Stations for a Performance Evaluation Process Motivate a Network of Testing Centers (Abstract) - Alan Bigelow, et al
- January 2016: Key Disruptors for the 21st Century
- January 2018: Solar Cookers International Report Recent Gains in Global Solar Cooking Movement (Slides, Abstract) - Julie Greene, et al
- January 2017: 21st-Century Solutions To Ancient Cooking Problems: Displaced Persons and Solar Cooking - Julie Greene
- January 2016: Key Disruptors for the 21st Century - Julie Greene