Last edited: 12 September 2016
- NEW: Webinar: 11 July, 2020 (2:00-4:00 PDT, 9:00pm-11:00pm GMT): Cooking using a Haybox and a Battery Powered Slow Cooker - This webinar, presented by SF Innovations Ltd, will look at two different techniques of cooking using a well insulated cooking container. It will show how to cook rice, stews and even bake bread using little or no fossil fuel. Registration information...
- NEW: 1-4 September 2020: EuroSun2020 is going virtual - The conference will be now be held on a virtual platform, as a response to safety concerns surrounding Covid-19. According to the organization, "We are currently working on new registration fees that reflect the resources and support for creating the virtual conference infrastructure and presenting the conference online. We will provide more details on the registration rates in the coming weeks." The 13th Conference on Solar Energy for Buildings and Industry will offer a platform to discuss the latest developments with leading solar energy experts, policy makers, and industry representatives. More information...
- December 2020: SWC50 – The Century of Solar - In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne Australia. ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Conference and Display, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50). The face-to-face conference, originally scheduled for 2-4 December 2020, will be replaced by a series of eight virtual conferences over the course of the month in December 2020. It will include the same panel sessions that were planned for the in-person planned event. More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 2016: Green technologies center opens in Karaganda - The first green technology center for the country has been created on the campus of the Karaganda Agro-technical College. The opening of the Karaganda Green Technology Center coincided with an Expo showcasing alternative energy sources that represent the countries' energy sources of the future. According to Serik Nugerbekov, International Secretariat G-Gobal; "We are going to educate the citizens, in particular the villagers our country to develop organic farming. We will introduce them to the latest and the most innovative technologies. Students and teachers of Agro-technical College will show how these techniques work in practice. Design Bureau also is open in the College. They already have developed a wind-driven lift pump and a solar oven. The latest invention of College is solar window. This is a unique symbiosis of conventional windows and stationary solar installation. More information...
Climate and cultureEdit
The entities listed below are either based in Kazakhstan, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.