Last edited: 12 September 2016
- NEW: Webinar: Thursday, 11 November 2021, 1:00pm UTC: - Solar Cookers International will present a webinar showing how solar cooking helps to improve public health, and the health of the environment around the globe. As part of this year's COP26 in Glasgow, Scotland, it will take place as a side event at the World Health Organization pavilion. There is limited space available for those interested in participating in this free event. Register early.
- 22-26 November 2021: 2nd National Congress for Solar Drying and Cooking Food - An affiliated group of universities in Mexico will host an online conference relating to solar food drying and cooking, as well as, food safety and energy savings realized with minimal environmental impact. Participants can register to view the presentations, or apply for presentation consideration. The conference will be in Spanish. Registration information... - (English version)
- 17-23 December 2021: Solar Cooking Awareness Week (Southern Hemisphere) - A loosely organized bid to acknowledge the fun and benefits of solar cooking. Show someone how to solar cook and share a meal.
- 24-26 January 2022: Fourth International Conference: Advances in Solar Thermal Food Processing - CONSOLFOOD Chairman, Celestino Ruivo, has announced an extended call for abstracts for the upcoming conference in January 2022, which is now planned to be an online event. Advances in solar cooking as well as solar food processing will be considered for inclusion. The event schedule and submission requirements are in CONSOLFOOD 2022 conference information.
- August 2016: Green technologies center opens in Karaganda - The first green technology center for the country has been created on the campus of the Karaganda Agro-technical College. The opening of the Karaganda Green Technology Center coincided with an Expo showcasing alternative energy sources that represent the countries' energy sources of the future. According to Serik Nugerbekov, International Secretariat G-Gobal; "We are going to educate the citizens, in particular the villagers our country to develop organic farming. We will introduce them to the latest and the most innovative technologies. Students and teachers of Agro-technical College will show how these techniques work in practice. Design Bureau also is open in the College. They already have developed a wind-driven lift pump and a solar oven. The latest invention of College is solar window. This is a unique symbiosis of conventional windows and stationary solar installation. More information...
Climate and culture
The entities listed below are either based in Kazakhstan, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association