News and recent developments[edit | edit source]
- May 2010: London Week: Designs of the Year - A Kyoto Box solar cooker was included this year in the annual exhibition. More Information...
- March 2010: Award-winning “Kyoto Box” launches ahead of Copenhagen summit
Design discussion[edit | edit source]
This design, while simple, has a number of shortcomings:
- The reflectors will not stay in position with even the slightest wind.
- When the sun is not straight overhead, in order to make use of the reflectors, the entire box has to be tipped up to face the sun. This causes the cooking pot(s) to slide around and spill food.
Rather than have four reflectors, it is much more desirable to have a single rear reflector such as in the "Minimum" Solar Box Cooker design.
Revised design[edit | edit source]
Audio and video[edit | edit source]
- March 2009:
- November 2009: Solar cooking comes of age in Kenya - Al Jazeera
[edit | edit source]
Contact[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.