Last edited: 12 September 2016
- NEW: 27 March 2020 (14:00 - 15:30 GMT): Women’s Energy Entrepreneurship - More information...
- NEW: 28 March 2020 (16:45 - 18:20 GMT): 1stWebinar CONSOLFOOD - Spreading the solar cooking “virus” - More information...
- NEW: 4-5 April 2020: Global Health & Innovation Conference - At this 17th annual conference, learn from more than 200 speakers who are committed to effective, responsible programs in health, development, entrepreneurship, and education. More information...
- NEW: 23-26 June 2020: ASES SOLAR 20/20 - In conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon, the American Solar Energy Society is sponsoring the global event, SOLAR 20/20. Hear the latest information on climate change, as well as learn about amazing technology and market advances by innovators and financiers. This will be a push by everyone across the political spectrum for more control of our energy choices to reduce associated costs. NEW: SOLAR 20/20 will happen over the same dates, but as a virtual event. More information...
- NEW: 29 June - 01 July 2020 (Frieburg, Germany): International Energy Workshop - More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 2015: Kyrgyzstan’s BIOM ecological movement has provided the Bishkek Center for Rehabilitation of Homeless Children with alternative energy equipment, as the state-run social facilities remain underfinanced in the country. In 2010, BIOM provided the Center with solar water heaters, solar ovens, and lighting equipment. According to Natalia Bogatova, coordinator of SPARE (School Project for Application of Resources and Energy), BIOM concluded a contract for installation and maintenance of the above equipment for three years, but its specialists continue providing technical maintenance of the solar equipment after the contract expired.
Climate and cultureEdit
The entities listed below are either based in Kyrgyzstan, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.