Last edited: 24 April 2014
Of all our solar cookers, the Lightoven III is the one that provides best value for money. It is just as versatile as the Lightoven II with nearly the same performance. Its sophisticated design permits economical manufacture. The reflector’s geometry has been optimized for cooking in absence of the cook: the sun’s rays concentrate at the focal point which is located far to the back of the reflector and works like a funnel. Once adjusted to the sun, the cooker thus does not require a lot of readjusting. Food will definitely not burn in the Lightoven. Like all our models, the Lightoven III is extremely suitable for travelling. Folded to the size of a briefcase, it can easily be carried anywhere. It does not weigh more than a full one-liter flask.
The Lightoven III can be used both with dark enamel pots and pots made of hard-anodized aluminum.
The most important advantages of the Lightoven III:
- optimally suited for unsupervised cooking
- adjustable to any given position of the sun
- accommodates two pots at a time (up to a diameter of 22 cm (8 1/2") and a height of 25 cm (10 3/4"))
- weighs only 995 g (2 1/4 lbs) (without pots)
The Lightoven III package contains:
- two-piece solar reflector with press studs
- three-piece greenhouse made of impact resistant and heat resistant polycarbonate
- detailed operating instructions, two clips and one packing strap
[The text above is from the Lightoven website.]
Email: email contact page