Last edited: 16 June 2021
Michael Bonke is a self-employed web designer working to make solar cooking popular in Germany. Michael wants to inform people that solar cooking works in Germany and not only in Africa or India. Michael is a member of LAZOLA Initiative for Spreading Solar Cooking.
- NEW: June 2021: Solar Zentrum 2021 - The online gathering place was coordinated from the Solar Centre in Wietow, Germany with assistance from Michael Bonke. The focus was food quality, solar cooking, and farming and gardening. Deepak Gadhia spoke on sustainability with renewable energies at the Green Ashram. Seggy Segarian addressed solutions for solar cooking at a latitude of 54 degrees, and Dave Oxford and Stewart MacLachlan of SLiCK spoke on 'Taking another look at evacuated tube cookers'. These presentations are available for viewing on YouTube.
- April 2017: I presented our online construction manual for the LAZOLA box cooker on the 22nd solar cooker conference in Altötting, which was organized by EG Solar. And I showed some videos and pictures I had taken at the CONSOLFOOD-2016 conference in Faro/Portugal.
- January 2016: I presented the LAZOLA concept of installing workshops for manual serial production of box cookers at the CONSOLFOOD-2016 conference in Faro/Portugal, which I had helped to organize:
- April 2015: I presented our new activities at LAZOLA on the International solar cooker conference in Altötting, which was organized by EG Solar
- January 2015: I joined LAZOLA e.V., a NGO around box cooker pioneer Jo Hasler.
- February 2012: Michael experiments with the glazing for a CooKit style panel cooker.
- November 2011: Since he began involved with teaching in 2009, Michael has introduced solar cooking to over 300 people.
- May 2010: I started SunPod, a podcast about solar cooking and electric cars (in German language), together with a friend, who is an expert for electric mobility. Meanwhile the range of our topics has widely expanded and now we publish interviews with everybody, who helps to make this world a better place.
Audio and video
- August 2018: 239 SunPod-Interview: Seggy Segaran – solar/electric hybrid cooker (First minute in German, interview in English)
- June 2018: 235 SunPod-Interview: Dr. Pia Otte – Developing solar energy technologies for and with people (First minute in German, interview in English)
- March 2018: 220 SunPod-Interview: Sedi Byskov – Polymer Fresnel Lenses (First minute in German, interview in English)
- February 2018:
- April 2016: Michael Bonke interviews Pedro Serrano about the solar restaurant, Villaseca, in Chile, with also his reflections on CONSOLFOOD 2016. - SunPod (The nineteen minute interview begins in German for the first few minutes and then switches to English.)
- August 2013:
- Michael's podcast: http://www.sunpod.de/category/solarkocher (English version)
Tel: +49 1578 933 57 16