Last edited: 5 August 2019
- NEW: 4-5 April 2020: Global Health & Innovation Conference - At this 17th annual conference, learn from more than 200 speakers who are committed to effective, responsible programs in health, development, entrepreneurship, and education. More information...
- NEW: 23-26 June 2020: ASES SOLAR 20/20 - In conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon, the American Solar Energy Society is sponsoring the global event, SOLAR 20/20. Hear the latest information on climate change, as well as learn about amazing technology and market advances by innovators and financiers. This will be a push by everyone across the political spectrum for more control of our energy choices to reduce associated costs. NEW: SOLAR 20/20 will happen over the same dates, but as a virtual event. More information...
- NEW: 29 June - 01 July 2020 (Frieburg, Germany): International Energy Workshop - More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing email@example.com.
- May 2017: Solar Cooking KoZon (SCK) stimulates ISC private enterprises - In 2014, Solar Cooking KoZon granted Togo Tilé, a Mali-based solar cooking business run by Seydou Coulibaly, an initial subsidy of EUR 13,300. Two years later, it’s a thriving business with 30 staff members, five points of sale nationwide and an average monthly business volume of EUR 9,000. The environment constitutes an important incentive: at sales demonstrations, at schools and universities, close attention is paid to the environmental aspects of solar cooking. For Seydou a contribution to the environment does not end with the sale of the product. Togo Tilé continues to support its customers for some time after the sale, to ensure that the products are truly integrated in daily cooking, to provide a lasting positive contribution to the environment. After extensive analysis of the business, Togo Tilé was selected by a government programme in Mali focused on stimulating private enterprise. A business expansion plan was established that included the construction of a bigger workshop and the acquisition of a saw and a welding machine. Expenses: close to EUR 47,000. Togo Tilé paid EUR 5,000, and the Mali government and Solar Cooking The Netherlands KoZon paid half each. Now Togo Tilé can meet the increasing demand for solar cooking appliances in Mali.
- September 2016: In July 2016, Solar Cooking KoZon was given the opportunity to present themselves at a meeting in the Ministry of Economic Affairs (EZ) in The Hague, Netherlands. Read more...
- June 2013: Solar Cooking The Netherlands - KoZon at a glance, read more in SCN Annual Report 2012
- In Uganda the market increased and the sale of sustainable cooking appliances went up in Mbarara. A Solar Cooking distribution and training centre was started in Kampala in 2012.
- In Ethiopia plans advanced for the construction of 20 Sustainable Energy Centres, within the framework of an important EU project coordinated by HOAREC/N . The recruitment and training of employees is well under way. During 2 working visits SCN provided advice on the centre's business approach. In the Awra Amba community, an Integrated Solar Cooking centre is under construction and the coordination, production and training employees were selected and trained. Soon the production and distribution will get started. Its business approach is fully in the line with the objectives of this very special community. In 2012, serious efforts were made to transfer SCN knowledge to East Africa. In march SCN recruited a staff member in collaboration with HOAREC/N. The ultimate objective is to create an ISC Knowledge and Service Centre in Addis Ababa that has advisory and training capability for East Africa countries.
- November 2012: Solar Cooking Foundation in the Netherlands promotes the Integrated Cooking Method in Rural Ethiopia - The Solar Cooking Netherlands project to promote the Integrated Cooking Method included using the CooKit, heat retention baskets, solar box cookers, solar dryers and water pasteurization indicators (WAPI). In addition to these appliances, SCN further integrates and promotes energy efficient stoves including the Mirt and Tikikil stoves. Read more at: Solar Cooking Netherlands addresses Energy Problems in rural Ethiopia.
- July 2012: Fikirte Regassa Beyene is working as representative for Solar Cooking Foundation the Netherlands (SCN) on HOAREC/N's team for the Integrated Solar Cooking Project Officer in Addis Ababa. She has been assigned to the project for several months to oversee SCN's role as advising and providing technical assistance.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Netherlands
- Netherlands Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
- July 2006: Solar Cooking in Europe - Why and How? - Michael Götz
Articles in the mediaEdit
- September 2016: This Man Cooks His Lunch on a Satellite Dish - Munchies
The entities listed below are either based in Netherlands, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.