Last edited: 6 August 2019
Events[edit | edit source]
- NEW: 14-26 March 2021, NGO CSW 65 Forum: - NGO CSW/NY organizes the civil society side of the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW). The NGO CSW Forum runs parallel to the events occurring within the UN Headquarters. Solar Cookers International Executive Director, Caitlyn Hughes, will be speaking on Thursday, March 25 (11:30am EST, 4:30 pm GMT). Attendance to the forum is free, but attendees must first register as an Advocate, for which there is also no charge. Registration information...
News[edit | edit source]
- April 2013: Kate Rowland lives in Nelson, and she approached Sunflair to become the first person to distribute solar ovens in New Zealand. She wants to see Kiwis use the solar oven for regular cooking. Read more...
- February 2011: Solar Cooking South Pacific received licenses to sell the All American Sun Oven and a model of a parabolic solar cooker.
Climate and culture[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia article on the climate of New Zealand
- New Zealand Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Resources[edit | edit source]
Possible funders[edit source]
Reports[edit | edit source]
Articles in the media[edit | edit source]
Web pages[edit | edit source]
The entities listed below are either based in New Zealand, or have established solar cooking projects there:
SCI Associates[edit source]
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors[edit source]
Government agencies[edit source]
Educational institutions[edit source]
See also[edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.