- NEW: Monday, 2 November 2020 (7-9 p.m. EST, 11 p.m.-1 a.m. GMT): D.A.R.E to Solar Cook - The Physics of Cooking with Sunshine - The Carnegie Science Center is sponsoring a Café Scientifique. Solar advocates Mary Buchenic and Jennifer Gasser will share their experiences promoting the solar cooking STEM curriculum, and Dr. Alan Bigelow, SCI Science Director, will discuss the technical details of solar cooking and incorporating the science of materials and light optics. Participation in the event is free, but pre-registration is required. Registration information
- NEW: 3-6 November 2020: The 5th International Conference on New Energy and Future Energy Systems - A scientific interchange among researchers, developers, engineers, students, and practitioners from around the world. They gather to share their latest achievements, and discuss the possible challenges for current energy and future energy systems. More information...
- NEW: 23 - 27 November 2020: 1er. Congreso Nacional de Secado Solar y Cocción Solar de Alimentos - Presentación en línea de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), en español. Contacto: email@example.com
- December 2020: SWC50 – The Century of Solar - In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne Australia. ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Conference and Display, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50). The face-to-face conference, originally scheduled for 2-4 December 2020, will be replaced by a series of eight virtual conferences over the course of the month in December 2020. It will include the same panel sessions that were planned for the in-person planned event. More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- December 2020: SWC50 – The Century of Solar (online event) - In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne Australia. ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Conference and Display, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50). The face-to-face conference, originally scheduled for 2-4 December 2020, will be replaced by a series of eight virtual conferences over the course of the month in December 2020. It will include the same panel sessions that were planned for the in-person planned event. More information...
- 30 March - 1 April 2021 (Jakarta): 7th SOLARTECH Indonesia - (Rescheduled from 26-28 August 2020) to be held at JIExpo Kemayoran Jakarta. More information...
- Research papers: Solar cooking research papers by Atul Sagade
- Testing report: Enabling rating of intermediate temperature solar cookers using different working fluids as test loads and its validation through a design change - Atul Sagade, S.K. Samdarshia, and Partha S. Panjaa
- Kenya news: Ksh.500M released for 14 counties in off-grid solar project - Citizen Digital
- Wiki article: Solar Oven Tracker developed by Stan Wells
- USA news: Luther Krueger is establishing himself as one of the foremost solar cooking enthusiast in North America
- Kenya news: Counties get Sh500m for solar, clean cooking kits - Business Daily
- Evacuated-tube cooker document: GoSun Stove - Can Evacuated Tubes Scale to Meet Global Cooking Needs - Patrick Sherwin
- Solar tracking news: Optional Tracker Additions - Stan Wells
- (EVENT) 3-6 November 2020 (Online): The 5th International Conference on New Energy and Future Energy Systems (NEFES 2020) - An interchange among researchers, developers, engineers, students, and practitioners from around the world to discuss the possible challenges for future energy systems
- (EVENT) Friday, 23 October 2020 (9 a.m. EDT, 2 p.m. West Africa Time, 1 p.m. GMT (Online)): ReEnergy Africa E-Summit - Success Stories session - SCI's Executive Director, Caitlyn Hughes, will be discussing the impact of solar cooking around the world at the ReEnergy Africa E-Summit Friday session
- Vietnam video: More than 20 years Solar Serve - Green Impact
- Nepal video: How household waste around us can save us a lot of money?
- Document: Solar Cooking Frequently Asked Questions - Solar Cooker at Cantina West
- United Kingdom news: Hours of Sunlight in the UK - SLiCK
- (EVENT) Monday, 2 November 2020 (7-9 p.m. EDT, 11:00 p.m.-1 a.m. GMT (Online)): D.A.R.E to Solar Cook - The Physics of Cooking with Sunshine- A Carnegie Science Center presentation with solar cooking advocates Mary Buchenic, Jennifer Gasser, and Dr. Alan Bigelow, SCI Science Director
- Evacuated-tube solar cooker: Glenergy Solar Cooker
- Solar panel cooker: The Ecoo is a scaled down panel cooker used to introduce children to solar cooking
- Solar tracking: Stan Wells demonstrates his tracker incorporating a thermostat for temperature control
- Solar tracker plans: Plans for the Sun Oven Tracker - Stan Wells
- Solar tracker parts list: Amazon.com parts list for Sun Oven Tracker - Stan Wells
- Photovoltaic cooking news: California Polytechnic University researcher Pete Schwartz creates new website for photovoltaic solar cooking research collaboration
- Manufactured cooker news: All Season Solar Cooker 2.0 is now available on Amazon again
- (EVENT) 10-11 October 2020 (Online): Start your own solar business - The EvXprts Foundation and the Solar Energy Society of India are presenting a series of online lectures
- India news: Prime Minister Modi calls for low-cost indoor solar cooking solutions - domain-b.com
- (EVENT) Tuesday 6 October 2020 (Lusaka, Zambia): Gender and energy mainstreaming workshop targeting NGOs and the private sector
- (EVENT) 23 -27 November 2020: 1er. Congreso Nacional de Secado Solar y Cocción Solar de Alimentos - Online presentation from the UNAM Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, in Spanish
- USA News: Solar Cooking in the Variety Weather Belt - Minnesota Renewable Energy Society
- Box cooker news: Star Flower Solar Cooker by Sam Erwin - Solar Chef International
- Water pasteurization report: Enhancement of Solar Water Pasteurization with Reflectors - Negar Safapour and Robert Metcalf
- India news: CSIR-CMERI and NISE to bolster the Solar Energy Sector - DD News
- India news: Meet These 'Solar Mamas' of Rajasthan
- Burundi news: SOCO Burundi is a new non-profit, manufacturing and promoting solar cookers
- India news: UN Secretary-General Calls on India to Take Lead in Global Transformation to Renewables - Mercom India
- (EVENT) Solar Cooking Demonstration: 11 September 2020, 3:00pmPDT (10:00GMT): - : Solar Cookers International and the Mary Frank Media Fund will host a live Facebook solar cooking demonstration
For older news and new-content log, please see the Solar cooking news archive.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.