- 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi, Kenya): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host the Clean Cooking Forum 2019, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from 5-7 November. With the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact,” the sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
- NEW: 27 October 2019 (Sacramento): United Nations Day Celebration - Join the United Nations Association of Sacramento for a wonderful afternoon to celebrate the anniversary of the founding of the United Nations 74 years ago. Is there still time to prevent the worst effects of climate change, or is it too late? We will have climate experts present on the current fight against climate change & the steps that NGOs, local & world governments have taken (or haven't) to address this climate disaster in the making. This event is FREE & open to the public. Solar-cooked desserts will be provided after the program. More information...
- NEW: 4-5 April 2020 (New Haven): Global Health & Innovation Conference - At this 17th annual conference, learn from more than 200 speakers who are committed to effective, responsible programs in health, development, entrepreneurship, and education. More information...
- NEW: 20, 27 October 2019 (Minneapolis): Solar cooking demo - Luther Krueger of the Minnesota Solar Cookers group, will be demonstrating the basics of solar cooking from noon to 1p.m. on consecutive Sundays at the farmers market in the King Field neighborhood, located at 43rd and Nicollet Ave. S.
- Ghana news: Students bring solar powered projects to Ghana - Mustang News
- Video: Cooking by burying pots underground in a desert environment
- India news: Modi govt to offer Ayushman, Ujjwala benefits for PMAY users in three month trial program - Financial Express
- India news: Here comes the sun - Pune Mirror
- India news: SECI tenders 500 quantities of solar cooking systems - PV Magazine India
- Upcoming international conference: CONSOLFOOD 2020
- Slides: Oportunidades y recomendaciones para tecnologías apropiadas en países en desarrollo - Dieter Seifert
- India news: Keeping the Mahatma’s light shining - Mongabay
- Wall oven news: Sunrice: The Solar Rice Cooker
- USA manufacturer news: The Solar Oven Society online store has been closed. There is no indication at this time about when or if it will reopen.
- Solar cooker design: SunGenius has recently begun production of their hybrid Patio Solar Oven
- Fuelwood cooking problem: Clean Cooking: The Forgotten Link in Universal Energy Access - International Policy Digest
- Bahamas hurricane relief: Hurricane Dorian relief project organized by b4dignity, with the goal of delivering 1,000 Sun Ovens
- France video: Libertad 400 by SUNplicity
- South Africa news: Industrial design students at the Univ. of Johannesburg have solar cooker design competition
- USA article in the media: Alan Bigelow’s Solar-Cooking Revolution - The New Yorker
- Water pasteurization news: Research results from the NGO Sun24 on the use of the Boil 3 Add 1 Method to reap the energy savings of water pasteurization instead of boiling, without the need for a thermometer
- USA NGO: Sun24
- USA Facebook group: Promote Solar Cooking in your Community
- The Bahamas news: B4Dignity to send 1000 Global Sun Ovens to The Bahamas
- Country article: The Bahamas
- Fresnel cooker design calculator: Easy Flat-Pack Fresnel Reflector
- Algeria Facebook group: الطبخ الشمسي في أدرار- الجزائر Cuisson solaire à Adrar -Algérie
- Article in the media: OSAT: Open Source Technik für Afrika ß Frei Zugänglich und Angepasst - Dieter Seifert
- (EVENT) 4-5 April 2020 (New Haven, Connecticut, USA): Global Health & Innovation Conference
- (EVENT) 27-29 September 2019 (Valencia, Spain): BioCultura en Valencia
- USA manufacturer news: Sun Ovens International acquired by Poverty Dignified, Inc.
- Document: Günther Kunkel's recommendations for slowing desertification
- India news: IndianOil commences pilot test study of indoor solar cooking system in Leh, Ladakh, India
- Clean Cookstove Survey: 2019 Modern Energy Cooking Services Survey, sponsored by the World Bank (reference only, past due date of 9/14/19)
- Slide presentation: Opportunities and Recommendations for Appropriate Technologies in Developing Countries (English, German) - Dieter Seifert
- Heat storage news: IOCL flags off pilot study of solar indoor cooking in Leh - Daily Excelsior
- (EVENT) 28 September 2019, (Mimbres, New Mexico, USA) Harvest Festival Solar Cook-off - More information...
- Cooker design: Copenhagen Solar Cooker Light improved to make cooking a snap
- India news: Gujarat Man Teaches Tribal Women to Make Solar Cookers That Cost Just Rs 100! - The Better India
- India news: #KindnessMatters: Engineer invents Rs 60 solar cooker to help rural women - CNBC TV18
- Mexico news: Mexican Women Use Sunlight Instead of Firewood or Gas to Cook Meals - Inter Press Service
- (EVENT) 27 September, 13, 20, 27 October 2019 noon to 1 p.m. (Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA) Solar cooking demo: - Luther Krueger of the Minnesota Solar Cookers group, will be demonstrating the basics of solar cooking at the farmers market in the King Field neighborhood, located at 43rd and Nicollet Ave. S., over several days.
- (EVENT) Webinar: 19 September, Thursday at 3:00 p.m. CEST (9:00 a.m. EDT, 13:00 GMT): Sustainable Energy for Essential Humanitarian Services:- the second of the four-part webinar series “Sustainable Energy in Humanitarian Settings”
- Construction plans: Newton Solar Oven 1.0
- Cookbook: The Kenya eCookbook: Beans & Cereals Edition - How to Save Time and Money
- Glazing design: Plastic greenhouse enclosure made from flat sheet of polycarbonate
- France video: Recent SUNplicity solar cooking event
- Italy individual: Matteo Muccioli
- Construction plans: Newton Solar Oven 2.0
- Namibia news: The Namib Desert Environmental Education Trust hosted young Namibians from eight regions of the country to embrace environmental sustainability
- India news: IIT Roorkee, IIT Delhi and ARES (FBK) jointly execute ITPAR Project Titled "STAR" - webindia123
- Improved-combustion stove design: Baba Moto Stove
- Document: Handbook on how to build and use the Copenhagen Solar Cooker
- Design update: Ben 2 and Ben 3 Firewood Stoves variation where the tripod can be constructed without welding - Dieter Seifert
- Design: Newton Solar Oven 2.0
- GoSun news: GoSun Releases DIY Kit to Get People to “Tinker” with its Solar Oven - thespoon
- (EVENT) 18 August 2019 (Sorède, France): Third Solar Cooking Day - More information...
- Economic article: Economic benefits of solar cooking
- Document: Climate Protection and Overcoming Poverty Traps - Proposals for the realization of the UN Development Goals (Engish, German) - Dieter Seifert
- PV/heat storage cooking: Research group at Cal Poly, USA uses photovoltaic and phase-change material for heat storage to allow for cooking after dark
- Brazil news: Elmo Dutra represents solar cooking at a seminar on sustainable urban management
- Uganda individual: Esther Nattabi
For older news and new-content log, please see the Solar cooking news archive.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.