Last edited: 22 August 2019
- NEW: 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi, Kenya): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host the Clean Cooking Forum 2019, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from November 5-7. With the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact,” the sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
Solar cooking activities are known to have taken place in this country, located on the northern half of the Korean Peninsula, but the current status has not been possible to confirm. The activity involved the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) through its church offices in Switzerland, and the cooperation of governmental authorities of the Democratic Republic of Korea. ADRA planned a first phase goal of building 1,000 Solar Kitchen Units, each with cooking capacity for about 120 people, along with substantial food aid. Solare Brücke in Germany assisted in providing the technical equipment.
The project began in 1999 with shipment of food supplies, followed by mobile cooking units, consisting of parabolic cookers mounted on trailers. Automatic tracking systems, built out of bicycle parts, adjusted the parabolic towards the sun. The most recent information on this project is dated July, 2000.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of North Korea
- NEW: North Korea Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors