Last edited: 6 August 2019
A group of students at the Caledonian College of Engineering have made a solar-powered cooker that can make enough biryani in just one hour to feed 100 people. At a student hostel that feeds 70 to 100 people three or four meals a day, the use of the solar cooker would save $20,000 USD over the course of 15 years.
- NEW: 27 March 2020 (14:00 - 15:30 GMT): Women’s Energy Entrepreneurship - More information...
- NEW: 28 March 2020 (16:45 - 18:20 GMT): 1stWebinar CONSOLFOOD - Spreading the solar cooking “virus” - More information...
- NEW: 4-5 April 2020: Global Health & Innovation Conference - At this 17th annual conference, learn from more than 200 speakers who are committed to effective, responsible programs in health, development, entrepreneurship, and education. More information...
- NEW: 23-26 June 2020: ASES SOLAR 20/20 - In conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon, the American Solar Energy Society is sponsoring the global event, SOLAR 20/20. Hear the latest information on climate change, as well as learn about amazing technology and market advances by innovators and financiers. This will be a push by everyone across the political spectrum for more control of our energy choices to reduce associated costs. NEW: SOLAR 20/20 will happen over the same dates, but as a virtual event. More information...
- NEW: 29 June - 01 July 2020 (Frieburg, Germany): International Energy Workshop - More information...
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Oman
- Oman Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Construction plans in ArabicEdit
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
Articles in the mediaEdit
- April 2015: Omani students build solar cooker that feeds 100 people - Times of Oman
The entities listed below are either based in Oman, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit