Last edited: 29 March 2018
- NEW: 30-31 May 2019: Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind - Ireland will host; Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind. The conference will focus attention on reaching the furthest behind first, with topics such as: households and settings, evaluating pathways to modern sustainable cooking energy systems, policy options, and more. More information...
- NEW: 22-24 January 2020: CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts is 31 May 2019. Abstracts should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in .doc, .docx, or pdf format. More conference information...
Two individuals are noteworthy in the promotion of solar cooking in Panama. Don Alberto Fajardo Cruz, using the name "Usando el Sol" (Using the Sun) built and demonstrated cookers in Panama for many years. A colleague and collaborator, Professor Pedro Salazar of the University of Panama, published a small guidebook on solar cooking, dedicated to Don Alberto. The guidebook was designed to serve students who were working on field projects in marginal parts of the country, which included demonstrations of solar cooking.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
Articles in the media
Audio and video
Grupos de discusión Facebook
- Cocineros Solares
- Cocineros Solares Sin Fronteras
- Cocina Solar Mexico
- Solar Renewable Energy in Costa Rica
- Solar Show Cooking (Spain)
- Preguntas Frecuentes de la Cocción Solar
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors