Last edited: 5 August 2019
- 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi, Kenya): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host the Clean Cooking Forum 2019, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from 5-7 November. With the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact,” the sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
Two individuals are noteworthy in the promotion of solar cooking in Panama. Don Alberto Fajardo Cruz, using the name "Usando el Sol" (Using the Sun) built and demonstrated cookers in Panama for many years. A colleague and collaborator, Professor Pedro Salazar of the University of Panama, published a small guidebook on solar cooking, dedicated to Don Alberto. The guidebook was designed to serve students who were working on field projects in marginal parts of the country, which included demonstrations of solar cooking.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Panama
- Panama Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
Audio and video
Grupos de discusión Facebook
- Cocineros Solares
- Cocineros Solares Sin Fronteras
- Cocina Solar Mexico
- Solar Renewable Energy in Costa Rica
- Solar Show Cooking (Spain)
- Preguntas Frecuentes de la Cocción Solar
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors