Last edited: 5 August 2019
- 17-23 December 2021: Solar Cooking Awareness Week (Southern Hemisphere) - A loosely organized bid to acknowledge the fun and benefits of solar cooking. Show someone how to solar cook and share a meal.
- NEW: 24-26 January 2022: Fourth International Conference: Advances in Solar Thermal Food Processing - CONSOLFOOD Chairman, Celestino Ruivo, has announced an extended call for abstracts for the upcoming conference in January 2022, which is now planned to be an online event. Advances in solar cooking as well as solar food processing will be considered for inclusion. The event schedule and submission requirements are in CONSOLFOOD 2022 conference information.
Two individuals are noteworthy in the promotion of solar cooking in Panama. Don Alberto Fajardo Cruz, using the name "Usando el Sol" (Using the Sun) built and demonstrated cookers in Panama for many years. A colleague and collaborator, Professor Pedro Salazar of the University of Panama, published a small guidebook on solar cooking, dedicated to Don Alberto. The guidebook was designed to serve students who were working on field projects in marginal parts of the country, which included demonstrations of solar cooking.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Panama
- Panama Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
Audio and video
The entities listed below are either based in Panama, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association