Last edited: 5 August 2019
- NEW: 12-14 July 2023 (A Coruña, Spain): CONSOLFOOD2023 - Organizers have released a first call for abstracts to participate in the Fifth International Conference, taking place in Spain in 2023 as an in-person conference. The deadline for submission is 15 December 2022. More submittal information...
Two individuals are noteworthy in the promotion of solar cooking in Panama. Don Alberto Fajardo Cruz, using the name "Usando el Sol" (Using the Sun) built and demonstrated cookers in Panama for many years. A colleague and collaborator, Professor Pedro Salazar of the University of Panama, published a small guidebook on solar cooking, dedicated to Don Alberto. The guidebook was designed to serve students who were working on field projects in marginal parts of the country, which included demonstrations of solar cooking.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Panama
- Panama Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
Audio and video
The entities listed below are either based in Panama, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association