Last edited: 12 January 2021
|Food is prepared with parabolic solar cookers at the Sun Bridge restaurant.|
Subject matter expert
If you have specific questions about solar cooking in Poland, contact Andrew Kotowski.
- NEW: Webinar: Thursday, 11 November 2021, 1:00pm UTC: - Solar Cookers International will present a webinar showing how solar cooking helps to improve public health, and the health of the environment around the globe. As part of this year's COP26 in Glasgow, Scotland, it will take place as a side event at the World Health Organization pavilion. There is limited space available for those interested in participating in this free event. Register early.
- 22-26 November 2021: 2nd National Congress for Solar Drying and Cooking Food - An affiliated group of universities in Mexico will host an online conference relating to solar food drying and cooking, as well as, food safety and energy savings realized with minimal environmental impact. Participants can register to view the presentations, or apply for presentation consideration. The conference will be in Spanish. Registration information... - (English version)
- 17-23 December 2021: Solar Cooking Awareness Week (Southern Hemisphere) - A loosely organized bid to acknowledge the fun and benefits of solar cooking. Show someone how to solar cook and share a meal.
- 24-26 January 2022: Fourth International Conference: Advances in Solar Thermal Food Processing - CONSOLFOOD Chairman, Celestino Ruivo, has announced an extended call for abstracts for the upcoming conference in January 2022, which is now planned to be an online event. Advances in solar cooking as well as solar food processing will be considered for inclusion. The event schedule and submission requirements are in CONSOLFOOD 2022 conference information.
- March 2020: Paweł Pluciński conducted very interesting tests of a parabolic solar cooker in the town Bukowina Tatrzańska in Poland. They showed excellent operation of the solar cooker even in Polish climatic conditions outside the summer period. Paweł Pluciński promotes solar cooking using his channel YouTube. Apart from solar cooking, Paweł also deals with the construction of small wind turbines.
- July-September 2017 we built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July-September 2016: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July-September 2015: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July-September 2014: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July 2014: Vine Bridge Restaurant, the first restaurant that serves meals prepared in the parabolic solar cookers in Poznan to Poland, see Restauracja solarna Vine Bridge - (English version).
- July-September 2013: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- June 2013: The Sun Bridge solar restaurant opens for business on June, 11th on a bridge in Poznan, run by the Vine Bridge restaurant.
- July-August 2012: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July-August 2011: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland our new solar cooker fr:UltraLightCooker Bamboo.
- June 2011: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy in France our new solar dryer: Portable solar dryer PortaSec.
- July-August 2010: Solar Cooking Concept continued solar cooking in Czestochowa in Poland by using our solar cookers UltraLightCooker and fr:Modular EuroSolarCooker.
- July-August 2009: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland our new solar cooker fr:Modular EuroSolarCooker. We also tested our fr:EuroSolarPot.
- July-August 2008: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland our new solar cooker UltraLightCooker.
- 2008: Andrew Kotowski is the driving force behind the French Solar Cooking Archive Wiki.
- 2007: Andrew Kotowski moved to the distribution of information through our websites and wiki. Our current activity is known as Solar Cooking Concept.
- 2002: Andrew Kotowski founded de a Virtual Laboratory of Solar Domestic Applications and we distributed by e-mail "newsletter" monthly. This entry presented our own work and the work of our "solar" friends have Allart Ligtenberg, Nguyen Tan Bich, Martin Almada, Roger Bernard and fr:Dominic Michaelis among others. Our newsletter was sent to Subscribers in Countries around the World : about 1,000 copies. To see all our innovations: Innovations Andrew Kotowski
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Poland
- Poland Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in Polish on the Global Network of Solar Cooking Wiki (Réseau Mondial de Cuisson Solaire)
- Gotowanie solarne w Polsce
- Grill solarny skrzynkowy
- Kuchenka solarna cylindryczno-paraboliczna
- Piekarnik solarny paraboliczny
- Solar Cooking Concept - Poland
- Garnek solarny EuroSolarPot
- Kuchenki, piekarniki i grille solarne
- Grill solarny panelowy
Articles in the media
- Demonstration of solar barbecues (Testy grillowania) - video
- Restauracja solarna Vine Bridge - Epoznan.pl (English version)
- Wystarczy troche slonca ... - (English version)
- Jak zrobic kartonowy piecyk solarny - (English version)
- Solari - kuchenka turystyczna zasilana sloncem
- Kuchanka sloneczna - gotowanie i pieczenie za pomoca energii slonecznej - (English version)
- Piekarnik i kuchenka zasilana sloncem - (English version)
- Zapiekanka z kuchenki solarnej - (English version)
- Zbuduj sam tani solarny grill (z video) - (English version)
- Ekologiczny grill solarny (sloneczny) - (English version)
- Solari - Portable Solar Cooker - (English version)
- Gotowanie na sloncu - (English version)
- Kuchenka opalana sloncem - (English version)
- Emergency Solar Cooker - (English version)
- Grill solarny Cookup 200 - (English version)
- Gotuj za darmo ! Kuchenka, ktora nie potrzebuje pradu ani gazu
- Hit nowosc - Grill solarny
- Solar Cooking Concept - version PL, EN and FR
- Your first solar cooker - version PL, EN and FR
Audio and video
The entities listed below are either based in Poland, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association