Last edited: 7 May 2020
Subject matter expert[edit | edit source]
If you have specific questions about solar cooking in Poland, contact Andrew Kotowski.
Events[edit | edit source]
Online events[edit source]
- NEW: Monday, 2 November 2020 (7-9 p.m. EST, 11 p.m.-1 a.m. GMT): D.A.R.E to Solar Cook - The Physics of Cooking with Sunshine - The Carnegie Science Center is sponsoring a Café Scientifique. Solar advocates Mary Buchenic and Jennifer Gasser will share their experiences promoting the solar cooking STEM curriculum, and Dr. Alan Bigelow, SCI Science Director, will discuss the technical details of solar cooking and incorporating the science of materials and light optics. Participation in the event is free, but pre-registration is required. Registration information
- NEW: 3-6 November 2020: The 5th International Conference on New Energy and Future Energy Systems - A scientific interchange among researchers, developers, engineers, students, and practitioners from around the world. They gather to share their latest achievements, and discuss the possible challenges for current energy and future energy systems. More information...
- NEW: 23 - 27 November 2020: 1er. Congreso Nacional de Secado Solar y Cocción Solar de Alimentos - Presentación en línea de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), en español. Contacto: email@example.com
- December 2020: SWC50 – The Century of Solar - In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne Australia. ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Conference and Display, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50). The face-to-face conference, originally scheduled for 2-4 December 2020, will be replaced by a series of eight virtual conferences over the course of the month in December 2020. It will include the same panel sessions that were planned for the in-person planned event. More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
News[edit | edit source]
- July-September 2016: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July-September 2015: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July-September 2014: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July 2014: Vine Bridge Restaurant, the first restaurant that serves meals prepared in the parabolic solar cookers in Poznan to Poland, see Restauracja solarna Vine Bridge - (English version).
- July-September 2013: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- June 2013: The Sun Bridge solar restaurant opens for business on June, 11th on a bridge in Poznan, run by the Vine Bridge restaurant.
- July-August 2012: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July-August 2011: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland our new solar cooker fr:UltraLightCooker Bamboo.
- June 2011: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy in France our new solar dryer: Portable solar dryer PortaSec.
- July-August 2010: Solar Cooking Concept continued solar cooking in Czestochowa in Poland by using our solar cookers UltraLightCooker and fr:Modular EuroSolarCooker.
- July-August 2009: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland our new solar cooker fr:Modular EuroSolarCooker. We also tested our fr:EuroSolarPot.
- July-August 2008: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland our new solar cooker UltraLightCooker.
- 2008: Andrew Kotowski is the driving force behind the French Solar Cooking Archive Wiki.
- 2007: Andrew Kotowski moved to the distribution of information through our websites and wiki. Our current activity is known as Solar Cooking Concept.
- 2002: Andrew Kotowski founded de a Virtual Laboratory of Solar Domestic Applications and we distributed by e-mail "newsletter" monthly. This entry presented our own work and the work of our "solar" friends have Allart Ligtenberg, Nguyen Tan Bich, Martin Almada, Roger Bernard and fr:Dominic Michaelis among others. Our newsletter was sent to Subscribers in Countries around the World : about 1,000 copies. To see all our innovations: Innovations Andrew Kotowski
History[edit | edit source]
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Poland
- Poland Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in Polish on the Global Network of Solar Cooking Wiki (Réseau Mondial de Cuisson Solaire)[edit | edit source]
- Gotowanie solarne w Polsce
- Grill solarny skrzynkowy
- Kuchenka solarna cylindryczno-paraboliczna
- Piekarnik solarny paraboliczny
- Solar Cooking Concept - Poland
- Garnek solarny EuroSolarPot
- Kuchenki, piekarniki i grille solarne
- Grill solarny panelowy
Resources[edit | edit source]
Possible funders[edit source]
Facebook groups[edit source]
Reports[edit | edit source]
Articles in the media[edit | edit source]
- Demonstration of solar barbecues (Testy grillowania) - video
- Restauracja solarna Vine Bridge - Epoznan.pl (English version)
Wikis[edit | edit source]
Blogs[edit | edit source]
- Wystarczy troche slonca ... - (English version)
- Jak zrobic kartonowy piecyk solarny - (English version)
- Solari - kuchenka turystyczna zasilana sloncem
- Kuchanka sloneczna - gotowanie i pieczenie za pomoca energii slonecznej - (English version)
- Piekarnik i kuchenka zasilana sloncem - (English version)
- Zapiekanka z kuchenki solarnej - (English version)
- Zbuduj sam tani solarny grill (z video) - (English version)
- Ekologiczny grill solarny (sloneczny) - (English version)
Web pages[edit | edit source]
- Solari - Portable Solar Cooker - (English version)
- Gotowanie na sloncu - (English version)
- Kuchenka opalana sloncem - (English version)
- Emergency Solar Cooker - (English version)
- Grill solarny Cookup 200 - (English version)
- Gotuj za darmo ! Kuchenka, ktora nie potrzebuje pradu ani gazu
- Hit nowosc - Grill solarny
- Solar Cooking Concept - version PL, EN and FR
- Your first solar cooker - version PL, EN and FR
Audio and video[edit | edit source]
The entities listed below are either based in Poland, or have established solar cooking projects there:
SCI Associates[edit source]
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors[edit source]
Government agencies[edit source]
Educational institutions[edit source]
See also[edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.