Last edited: 7 May 2020
|Food is prepared with parabolic solar cookers at the Sun Bridge restaurant.|
Subject matter expertEdit
If you have specific questions about solar cooking in Poland, contact Andrew Kotowski.
- NEW: Webinar: 11 July, 2020 (2:00-4:00 PDT, 9:00pm-11:00pm GMT): Cooking using a Haybox and a Battery Powered Slow Cooker - This webinar, presented by SF Innovations Ltd, will look at two different techniques of cooking using a well insulated cooking container. It will show how to cook rice, stews and even bake bread using little or no fossil fuel. Registration information...
- NEW: 1-4 September 2020: EuroSun2020 is going virtual - The conference will be now be held on a virtual platform, as a response to safety concerns surrounding Covid-19. According to the organization, "We are currently working on new registration fees that reflect the resources and support for creating the virtual conference infrastructure and presenting the conference online. We will provide more details on the registration rates in the coming weeks." The 13th Conference on Solar Energy for Buildings and Industry will offer a platform to discuss the latest developments with leading solar energy experts, policy makers, and industry representatives. More information...
- December 2020: SWC50 – The Century of Solar - In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne Australia. ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Conference and Display, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50). The face-to-face conference, originally scheduled for 2-4 December 2020, will be replaced by a series of eight virtual conferences over the course of the month in December 2020. It will include the same panel sessions that were planned for the in-person planned event. More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July-September 2016: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July-September 2015: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July-September 2014: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July 2014: Vine Bridge Restaurant, the first restaurant that serves meals prepared in the parabolic solar cookers in Poznan to Poland, see Restauracja solarna Vine Bridge - (English version).
- July-September 2013: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- June 2013: The Sun Bridge solar restaurant opens for business on June, 11th on a bridge in Poznan, run by the Vine Bridge restaurant.
- July-August 2012: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland:
- July-August 2011: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland our new solar cooker fr:UltraLightCooker Bamboo.
- June 2011: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy in France our new solar dryer: Portable solar dryer PortaSec.
- July-August 2010: Solar Cooking Concept continued solar cooking in Czestochowa in Poland by using our solar cookers UltraLightCooker and fr:Modular EuroSolarCooker.
- July-August 2009: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland our new solar cooker fr:Modular EuroSolarCooker. We also tested our fr:EuroSolarPot.
- July-August 2008: Solar Cooking Concept built and tested in Czestochowa in Poland our new solar cooker UltraLightCooker.
- 2008: Andrew Kotowski is the driving force behind the French Solar Cooking Archive Wiki.
- 2007: Andrew Kotowski moved to the distribution of information through our websites and wiki. Our current activity is known as Solar Cooking Concept.
- 2002: Andrew Kotowski founded de a Virtual Laboratory of Solar Domestic Applications and we distributed by e-mail "newsletter" monthly. This entry presented our own work and the work of our "solar" friends have Allart Ligtenberg, Nguyen Tan Bich, Martin Almada, Roger Bernard and fr:Dominic Michaelis among others. Our newsletter was sent to Subscribers in Countries around the World : about 1,000 copies. To see all our innovations: Innovations Andrew Kotowski
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Poland
- Poland Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in Polish on the Global Network of Solar Cooking Wiki (Réseau Mondial de Cuisson Solaire)Edit
- Gotowanie solarne w Polsce
- Grill solarny skrzynkowy
- Kuchenka solarna cylindryczno-paraboliczna
- Piekarnik solarny paraboliczny
- Solar Cooking Concept - Poland
- Garnek solarny EuroSolarPot
- Kuchenki, piekarniki i grille solarne
- Grill solarny panelowy
Articles in the mediaEdit
- Demonstration of solar barbecues (Testy grillowania) - video
- Restauracja solarna Vine Bridge - Epoznan.pl (English version)
- Wystarczy troche slonca ... - (English version)
- Jak zrobic kartonowy piecyk solarny - (English version)
- Solari - kuchenka turystyczna zasilana sloncem
- Kuchanka sloneczna - gotowanie i pieczenie za pomoca energii slonecznej - (English version)
- Piekarnik i kuchenka zasilana sloncem - (English version)
- Zapiekanka z kuchenki solarnej - (English version)
- Zbuduj sam tani solarny grill (z video) - (English version)
- Ekologiczny grill solarny (sloneczny) - (English version)
- Solari - Portable Solar Cooker - (English version)
- Gotowanie na sloncu - (English version)
- Kuchenka opalana sloncem - (English version)
- Emergency Solar Cooker - (English version)
- Grill solarny Cookup 200 - (English version)
- Gotuj za darmo ! Kuchenka, ktora nie potrzebuje pradu ani gazu
- Hit nowosc - Grill solarny
- Solar Cooking Concept - version PL, EN and FR
- Your first solar cooker - version PL, EN and FR
Audio and videoEdit
The entities listed below are either based in Poland, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.