Last edited: 8 January 2019
- NEW: 27 March 2020 (14:00 - 15:30 GMT): Women’s Energy Entrepreneurship - More information...
- NEW: 28 March 2020 (16:45 - 18:20 GMT): 1stWebinar CONSOLFOOD - Spreading the solar cooking “virus” - More information...
- NEW: 4-5 April 2020: Global Health & Innovation Conference - At this 17th annual conference, learn from more than 200 speakers who are committed to effective, responsible programs in health, development, entrepreneurship, and education. More information...
- NEW: 23-26 June 2020: ASES SOLAR 20/20 - In conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon, the American Solar Energy Society is sponsoring the global event, SOLAR 20/20. Hear the latest information on climate change, as well as learn about amazing technology and market advances by innovators and financiers. This will be a push by everyone across the political spectrum for more control of our energy choices to reduce associated costs. NEW: SOLAR 20/20 will happen over the same dates, but as a virtual event. More information...
- NEW: 29 June - 01 July 2020 (Frieburg, Germany): International Energy Workshop - More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 2018: Solar cooker request response - MSA Renewtech Foundation (India) and the United Clergy Task Force (UCTF) (US) responded to requests from faith-based communities in rural Puerto Rico for community-sized solar cookers. With private funding, coordination by UCTF, training by Mr. Pranav Gadhia of MSA Renewtech, and bilingual technical instructions, curriculum, and survey tools from Solar Cookers International, ten congregations of more than 100 people each are being trained in the assembly and use of the PRINCE-40 parabolic solar cooker.
- April 2018: Solar cookers provided to rural areas still without power - In late April, Anne Patterson, SCI Global Advisor, will deploy 25+ Solavore solar ovens to Punta Santiago, the Toro Negro rain forest, and Morovis. Most of these places are still largely without power and families spend disproportionately on fuel for generators. Monitoring and evaluation are incorporated into this project to track results. The evaluation tools used in these projects can be obtained from Solar Cookers International.
- August 2015: Ritz-Carlton bakes beachside chocolate chip cookies for guests in Sun Oven - Bon Appétit magazine featured the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Dorado Beach which uses an All American Sun Oven to make chocolate chip cookies on the beach for their guests. "For us, the sun oven is a way to get kids thinking about how humans can harvest the enormous energy of the sun in better ways" says Sara Welsh, who manages the Ambassadors of the Environment initiative at the hotel. Read more...
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
Articles in the mediaEdit
- December 2018: Faith-Based Social Entrepreneurs Bank Puerto Rico Trash Will Fuel Island's Growth - Forbes
The entities listed below are either based in Puerto Rico, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.