Last edited: 4 July 2021
- April 2020:
- September 2013: The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), a public company in Ahmedabad, India, is distributing solar box cookers to villagers as part of a conservation program designed to make people aware that by using solar cookers to bake and simmer they can save their LPG for specific cooking needs and save money by reducing their consumption of this expensive fuel without having to give it up entirely. For more information, contact Devang Joshi at Rudra Solar Energy.
Why solar cookers?
NUTRITION: Temperature controlled cooking retains vitamins, carbohydrates and proteins. Uncontrolled temperature on LPG/CNG or wood leads to loss of approx. 80% of food value.
TASTE: Solar cooking retains taste and flavor. Eating once one cannot forget the taste.
COMPLETE FOOD: Solar cooking completes organic reactions enhancing flavor, aroma and taste. Organic compounds strengthen our immune system and defend against bacteria and virus.
HEALTH: The home maker does not necessarily inhale poisonous gases which emit while cooking with LPG/CNG or firewood. Recent studies indicate that a food cooked at moderate temperatures is healthier.
ACCIDENT FREE: There are no chances of explosion or fire while using Solar Cooker. It is very dangerous for household families with infants to use LPG/CNG, wood or microwave oven, as they are highly accident prone.
ENVIRONMENT: If 3% of the population starts using solar cooker, millions of tons of wood and LPG/CNG can be saved annually correspondingly millions of tons of Carbon dioxide emission are reduced.
COST: Solar Cooker is cheaper than oven; running cost of Solar Cooker compared to LPG/CNG, kerosene or fire wood is virtually nil and is maintenance free.
COSMIC ENERGY: Solar cooked food is full of cosmic energies (life forces) which keeps you healthy and less stressed.
The Rudra’s solar cooker is aesthetic, convenient, and practical in use. It does not require frequent tracking; a general deterrent to solar cooking for people with inflexible work schedules is an important benefit that Rudra solar cooker provides.
The material utilized in Rudra solar cookers are carefully researched for the last two and a half years to maximize efficiency and are virtually maintenance free.
Audio and video
- NEW: July 2021:
- May 2021:
- April 2020:
- November 2019:
- January 2019:
Articles in the media
- May 2021: How Devang Joshi is helping farmers in becoming Atmanirbhar using the income generation model through Solar Dryers - Startup Times
- Rudra Solar Cooker 2010
- Rudra Hot Box Community 24/32
- Rudra SK-14
- Rudra SK-23
- "Rudra Solar Cooker" - The Sustainable Solution
- Rudra Solar Energy solar dryers
Rudra Solar Energy
Manufacturer and Exporter of solar cooker, solar oven, solar hot air generator and solar dryer.
Regd. Off:E/10, Kalpataru Soc., Chhatrapati Shivaji Marg,
Adajan, Surat-395009, Gujarat