Last edited: 6 August 2019
Singapore, officially the Republic of Singapore, is a Southeast Asian city-state off the southern tip of Malaysia 137 kilometres (85 mi) north of the equator. An island country made up of 63 islands, it is separated from Malaysia by the Straits of Johor to its north and from Indonesia's Riau Islands by the Singapore Strait to its south. The country is highly urbanised with very little primary rainforest remaining, although more land is being created for development through land reclamation.
- NEW: 18-22 October 2021: Week of Clean Cooking - The Clean Cooking Alliance announces this first ever event, leading up to the UN Climate Summit (COP26) in early November. It will feature a wide range of virtual engagements, events, announcements, content releases, and networking opportunities with CCA and partners from across the clean cooking ecosystem. There is no charge to participate in this event, but registration is required for individual program items. More information...
- NEW: Webinar: Thursday, 11 November 2021, 1:00pm UTC: - Solar Cookers International will present a webinar showing how solar cooking helps to improve public health, and the health of the environment around the globe. As part of this year's COP26 in Glasgow, Scotland, it will take place as a side event at the World Health Organization pavilion. There is limited space available for those interested in participating in this free event. Register early.
- 22-26 November 2021: 2nd National Congress for Solar Drying and Cooking Food - An affiliated group of universities in Mexico will host an online conference relating to solar food drying and cooking, as well as, food safety and energy savings realized with minimal environmental impact. Participants can register to view the presentations, or apply for presentation consideration. The conference will be in Spanish. Registration information... - (English version)
- 17-23 December 2021: Solar Cooking Awareness Week (Southern Hemisphere) - A loosely organized bid to acknowledge the fun and benefits of solar cooking. Show someone how to solar cook and share a meal.
- 24-26 January 2022: Fourth International Conference: Advances in Solar Thermal Food Processing - CONSOLFOOD Chairman, Celestino Ruivo, has announced an extended call for abstracts for the upcoming conference in January 2022, which is now planned to be an online event. Advances in solar cooking as well as solar food processing will be considered for inclusion. The event schedule and submission requirements are in CONSOLFOOD 2022 conference information.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Singapore
- Singapore Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
The entities listed below are either based in Singapore, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors