Last edited: 6 August 2019
Singapore, officially the Republic of Singapore, is a Southeast Asian city-state off the southern tip of Malaysia 137 kilometres (85 mi) north of the equator. An island country made up of 63 islands, it is separated from Malaysia by the Straits of Johor to its north and from Indonesia's Riau Islands by the Singapore Strait to its south. The country is highly urbanised with very little primary rainforest remaining, although more land is being created for development through land reclamation.
- NEW: 2-13 December, 2019 (Madrid, Spain): COP25 - The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is hosting the twenty-fifth session of the Conference of the Parties (COP25) has been scheduled to take place in Feria de Madrid in Madrid, Spain from 2-13 December, 2019. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Singapore
- Singapore Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors