|141 Countries · 345 NGOs · 269 Individuals|
168 Manufacturers · 426 Designs · 110 Plans
|Sponsored by Solar Cookers International|
Solar cooking around the world
- NEW: 2-13 December, 2019 (Madrid, Spain): COP25 - The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is hosting the twenty-fifth session of the Conference of the Parties (COP25) has been scheduled to take place in Feria de Madrid in Madrid, Spain from 2-13 December, 2019. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
- NEW: 12-14 May 2020 (Tubarão, Santa Catarina): ENSUS 2020 - O ENSUS reúne professores, técnicos, alunos e comunidade que buscam pela sustentabilidade integrada aos projetos e ao desenvolvimento de novos produtos, nas áreas de Arquitetura, Engenharia e Design. More information...
- 4-5 April 2020 (New Haven): Global Health & Innovation Conference - At this 17th annual conference, learn from more than 200 speakers who are committed to effective, responsible programs in health, development, entrepreneurship, and education. More information...
- Portugal NGO: Cozinhar com o Sol
- Portugal Facebook group: Cozinhar com o Sol
- Audio interview: Sunpod-Interview: Monika Grühn – Solarkocher für Kenia
- Audio interview: Sunpod-Interview: Marlen Breitinger – Solarkocher, Sun and Ice
- Manual: Construction guide for the Dierkx solar box cooker
- Manufacturer news: Sun Ovens International secures distribution partnerships in Australia and Canada - Yahoo Finance
- Refugee camp video: Solar cookers shown in use in Bhutanese refugee camps in Nepal - Vajra Foundation Nepal
- Conference news: MME at COP25 presents tech solutions to meet green challenges - Gulf Times
- Travel journal: SCI's Alan Bigelow's Journal on Kakuma Refugee Camp visit
- Video: In attendance at the United Nations COP25 conference, SCI's executive director briefly explains the case for solar cooking.
- Clean Development Mechanism: U.K.-based EasyJet Airline now buys carbon offsets for all of its flights
- Non-cooking uses: Artificial intelligence increases solar focus
- Solar drying video: The range of solar dryers from Rudra Solar Energy
- Sudan solar food drying company: Solar Foods
- Zambia Facebook group: Solar Cooking in Zambia!
- Honduras Facebook group: Clima Renovable Honduras
- India news: Solar Cooking Journey - Alzubair Saiyed
- Photovoltaic solar cooking video: Students of IIT Bombay have invented solar stove.
- Heat storage video: UNesar on DD Girnar
- Kenya news: Kenyan Ministry of Energy launches first national Gender Policy in the energy sector ever - Energia
- Funding resource: Financing Decentralized Renewable Energy for the Last Mile - Energypedia
- Video: Building a Dierx solar box cooker - Solar Cooker Workgroup Sliedrecht NL
- (EVENT) 1 December 2019 (Bengalaru, India): Building a portable Solar Cooker Workshop - Live cooking with the Sun
- Design: SUNWINGS evacuated-tube solar cooker - Simplified Technologies for Life
- Photovoltaic solar cooking report: Solar Powered Induction Cooking System - Sibiya & Venugopal
- (EVENT) 25-26 November 2019 (Berlin): Energy Transition in the Arab World
- USA news: Solar Cookers International to exhibit and advocate at COP25 conference in Madrid, Spain
- DRC NGO: PNUD en République démocratique du Congo
- India news: Gujarat Man Helps Tribal Women Make Solar Cookers That Cost Just Rs 100! - The Better India
- Design award: The PRINCE-40 community solar cooker wins Indian national award
- Kenya news: Long way to Kenya’s dream of clean energy - The East African
- Solar drying video: Solar Conduction and Convection Dryer - Rudra Solar Energy
- Event news: CONSOLFOOD2020 Preliminary programme
- Switzerland news: EPFL creates a solar cooker with solid potential in Switzerland
- Germany Facebook group: Kochen mit Sonnenlicht
- India Facebook group: Solar Cooker India
- Design: Jo Muller of Australia has built an evacuated-tube solar cooker built into plastic toolbox.
- Vendor: The CooKit solar panel cooker can be purchased from Solar Cookers International inside the United States
- Design: Jumbo version of the Fun-Panel solar cooker - Elmo Dutra
- Data: Over three million solar cookers and counting...
- Report: Using pressure cookers with a solar cooker and heat-retention - Elmo Dutra
- WhatsApp group: Fogão Solar Brasil
- (EVENT) Brazil event: 12-14 May 2020 (Tubarão, Santa Catarina): ENSUS 2020
- Solar pioneer: Celebrating the Sun Queen (Mária Theresa Telkes) - SWE Magazine
- Wiki article: Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)
For older news and new-content log, please see the Solar cooking news archive.
The Solar Cooking Wiki
- About this wiki
- Add or edit an article
- About Solar Cookers International (SCI)
- Sign up for email news updates
- About the SCI Association
- Become an SCI Associate
Solar cooking basics
- Introduction to solar cooking
- Why solar cooking is important
- How solar cookers work
- Build a solar cooker
- Buy a solar cooker
- Pots, glazing, glue, paint, etc.
- Cooking guidelines
- Frequently-asked questions
- New content
- Construction plans
- SCI Associates
- Manufacturers and vendors
- Project evaluations
- Discussion groups
Teaching and promotion
Solar cooking in depth
- Refugee camps
- Institutional solar cooking
- Testing solar cookers
- Tracking the sun
- Heat storage
- Solar restaurants and bakeries
- Health and safety
- Emergency preparedness
- Business development
- Research topics
- Integrated cooking
- Heat-retention cooking
- Water pasteurization
- Improved combustion stoves
- Food processing
- Food drying
- Non-cooking uses
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.