|142 Countries · 305 NGOs · 248 Individuals|
158 Manufacturers · 436 Designs · 115 Plans
|Sponsored by Solar Cookers International|
Solar cooking around the world
|Solar Zentrum provides an online presentation from noted solar cooking advocates|
|Solar Cookers International helping to provide solar cookers and other integrated cooking appliances to vulnerable groups within Nepal|
|Luther Krueger created a video podcast interview series with contemporary solar cooking promoters, inventors, tinkerers and practitioners throughout the U.S. in 2020|
|The Solar Education Project directs attention to their local Hubbard Public Library, which offers several styles of solar cookers for lending|
|The Solar Cookers World Network facebook group has reached 6000 members|
|Dave Oxford of SLiCK explains which type of heat trap works the best|
|GEF Small Grants Programme provided integrated cooking technology to El Salvador after Tropical Storm Stan|
|The OPEC Fund Annual Award for Development (AAD) celebrates outstanding contributions to sustainable development, Nominations by 1 June 2021|
|Solar Cookers International has been named as finalist in the Keeling Curve Prize for sustainable planet solutions|
|Participants of the inaugural Women in Clean Cooking Mentorship Program|
|Creating Entrepreneurs with Solar Energy - GoSol.org|
|The Hidden Side of Energy Access: Understanding Clean Cooking - a four module e-course|
- NEW: Webinar: Wednesday, 16 June 2021, 14:30-16:00 CET, 12:30-14:00 GMT: Clean Cooking Data and Pathways to Achieving Progress - The World Health Organization sponsors this webinar on data tracking to assess global progress in the quest for sustainable, affordable energy. To also include a discussion on finding pathways to accelerating progress to clean cooking. More information & free registration...
- NEW: Webinar: Wednesday, 30 June 2021, TBD: How Behavioral Science Can Help Increase Uptake and Sustained Use of Clean Energy in Developing Countries - The World Health Organization sponsors this webinar on finding behavioral change solutions, which is influenced by societal factors, individual biases, and mindsets. More information & free registration...
- NEW: Webinar: Sunday, 4 July 2021, 13:30 - 15:30 GMT: CONSOLFOOD - Baking bread in your solar cooker - Videos have been collected, and those selected will be compiled in a YouTube playlist for ease of presentation during the webinar. If you would like to attend this meeting please register by 2 July at the latest. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your name, country, email address, and phone number. You will receive a link to access the platform by email.
- NEW: 23-30 June 2021, 17-23 December 2021: Solar Cooking Awareness Week - A loosely organized bid to acknowledge the fun and benefits of solar cooking. Show someone how to solar cook and share a meal.
- NEW: 6-10 February 2022 (Perth): World Renewable Energy Congress XXI - Hosted by Murdoch University, The conference will focus on finding 'A Pathway to Economic Recovery and Climate Mitigation'. With a broad agenda, conference organizers are requesting proposals for presentation, and have acknowledged solar cooking to be a viable technology to help achieve the stated objectives. They encourage solar cooking organizations to submit proposals. More information...
- 30 September - 2 October 2021 (Jakarta): 7th SOLARTECH Indonesia - (Rescheduled from 30 March-2 April 2021) to be held at JIExpo Kemayoran Jakarta. More information...
- NEW: 24-26 January 2022 (Faro): Fourth International Conference: Advances in Solar Thermal Food Processing - CONSOLFOOD Chairman, Celestino Ruivo, has announced the first call for abstracts for the upcoming conference in Portugal in January 2022. Advances in solar cooking as well as solar food processing will be considered for presentation. The deadline for abstract submissions is 15 July 2021. The event schedule and submission requirements are in CONSOLFOOD 2022 conference information.
Add your event
- Have your event listed here by emailing email@example.com.
- Germany news: Solar Zentrum provides an online presentation from noted solar cooking advocates, available on YouTube
- Mexico news: 71-Year-Old Mexican Man Builds Solar Stoves Out Of Reused Materials - Intelligent Living
- Insulated solar electric cooking: Pete Schwartz presents a video of his team's latest findings
- Nepal news: Solar Cookers International assists in distributing solar cooking and related equipment to vulnerable groups within Nepal
- (EVENT) Webinar: Sunday, 4 July 2021, 13:30 - 15:30 GMT: CONSOLFOOD sponsors a solar bread baking webinar, with videos from over fifteen contributors (with Q & A). See event notice to register by 2 July.
- Refugee camp news: OPIN Offsets 100 Tonnes of Carbon CO2 - EinPressWire
- Interviews: Luther Krueger's cross-country USA video series of interviews with solar cooking advocates and inventors
- Glazing news article: Insulating Glass Keeps Getting Better - Fine Homebuilding
- Report: Opportunities in overcoming extreme poverty through cooperation on climate protection (English, German) - Dieter Seifert
- (EVENT) Webinar: Wednesday, 30 June 2021, TBD: How Behavioral Science Can Help Increase Uptake and Sustained Use of Clean Energy in Developing Countries sponsored by the World Health Organization
- (EVENT) Webinar: Wednesday, 16 June 2021, 14:30-16:00 CET, 12:30-14:00 GMT: Clean Cooking Data and Pathways to Achieving Progress sponsored by the World Health Organization
- (EVENT) Webinar: Tuesday, 15 June 2021, 2:55-3:55pm CEST, 12:55-1:55 GMT: European Development Days sponsors a discussion with sector leaders on increasing the momentum of health and energy sector cooperation to support political prioritization and investments in sustainable energy.
- Solar cooker lending: Hubbard Public Library in Ohio offers solar cookers for lending
- NGO news: Solar Household Energy has adopted the 100 Families Project that provides groceries, cooking devices, and other support for 100 families locked down in the Kariobangi slum in Nairobi Kenya.
- (EVENT) Open EWB meeting: Tuesday, 8 June 2021, 6pm CEST, 16:00 GMT: Taxes, technology, and solar cooking future with Engineers without Borders-Sweden, a Google discussion
- (EVENT) Insulated electric solar cooking: Thursday, 10 June 2021, 6pm CEST, 16:00 GMT: A Google meet conversation, hosted by Engineers without Borders-Sweden, to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the technology
- Household air pollution: How is Gas Harming Our Health? What You Need to Know - climatecouncil.au
- Kenya news: Millicent Anyango and Penia Nzioka organize workshops for clean-cooking products and food processing methods
- Uganda news: Esther Nattabi is building a manufacturing and retail business for clean-cooking products in Kampala
- (EVENT) Webinar: Wednesday, 26 May 2021, (9:00am-10:00am EST, 10:00-12:00 GMT): Examine results of VAT on improved combustion cookstoves sponsored by the Clean Cooking Association
- (EVENT) Webinar: Wednesday, 26 May 2021, (2:00pm - 2:50pm EST, 1:00-1:50 GMT): Clean Cooking A - Developing an Impact Bond Market to Finance Climate, Health, & Gender Co-Benefits from the Clean Cooking Association
- Unique cooking: SCWNET Zoom discussion on unique ways to solar cook - Pat McArdle
- Food drying: How Devang Joshi is helping farmers in becoming Atmanirbhar using the income generation model through Solar Dryers - Startup Times
- Improved-combustion woodstoves: How to make a brick Rocket Stove - Pinterest
- Solar data: Interactive global solar insolation map - Global Solar Atlas
- Video: New solar box cooker - Rudra Solar Energy
- Kenya NGO: Athel Technology Limited
- Glazing types: Dave Oxford of SLiCK explains which type of heat trap for your solar cooker works the best
- (EVENT) Online conference: 21-22 May 2021 - Food quality, solar cooking, drying, farming, gardening: Sponsored by The Solar Centre Mecklenburg-Vorpommern in Germany. 21st in English, 22nd auf Deutsch
- Solar cooking smoker: Head Chef Joshua Murray at the Conrad Hotel in Washington, D.C. has discovered a way to turn a solar box cooker into a meat smoker
- Kenya news: Innovative Solar Cooker, Transforming Households - Kenya Climate Innovation Center
- Wiki article: PEP tested solar cookers
- Report: The development of a portable vessel for the collection, storage, and utilization of solar thermal energy for household use] - Matthew Paul Alonso
For older news and new-content log, please see the Solar cooking news archive.
The Solar Cooking Wiki
- About this wiki
- About Solar Cookers International (SCI)
- About the SCI Association
- Become an SCI Associate
- Sign up for email news updates
- Add or edit an article
- Wiki user rules
Solar cooking basics
- Introduction to solar cooking
- Why solar cooking is important
- How solar cookers work
- Build a solar cooker
- Buy a solar cooker
- Pots, glazing, glue, paint, etc.
- Cooking guidelines
- Frequently-asked questions
- New content
- Construction plans
- SCI Associates
- Manufacturers and vendors
- Project evaluations
- Facebook groups
Teaching and promotion
- Promoting solar cooking
- Most significant projects
- Funding your project
- Classroom resources
- Online courses
Solar cooking in depth
- Refugee camps
- Institutional solar cooking
- Testing solar cookers
- Tracking the sun
- Heat storage
- Solar restaurants and bakeries
- Health and safety
- Emergency preparedness
- Business development
- Research topics
- History of solar cooking
- Map showing cooker distribution
- Integrated cooking
- Heat-retention cooking
- Water pasteurization
- Improved combustion stoves
- Food processing
- Solar food drying
- Non-cooking uses
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.