Last edited: 6 August 2018
The Solar Education Project, GDS is an NGO co-founded by Mary Buchenic and Jennifer Gasser in Hubbard, Ohio, USA and part of the 501(c)3 non profit Global Development Solutions, founded by John Buchenic. The Solar Sisters work to promote solar cookers as tools for education, wellness, economic empowerment, and ecosystem recovery.
They work locally and internationally, with ongoing projects in Haiti and Pakistan. The group continues to host and participate in events to teach solar cooking and to promote solar cookers as tools for STEM and multi-disciplinary education in schools.
- January 2018: Creating Programs to Promote Solar Cooking - Jennifer L. Gasser, et al
- January 2018: Networking to Advance the Use of Solar Cookers as Educational Tools in the Classroom - Mary Buchenic, et al
Articles in the media
- August 2018: Solar Sister, Jennifer Gasser, demonstrates a parabolic solar cooker at Paul C. Bunn Elementary School in Youngstown, Ohio, USA. - Youngstown Vindicator
- April 2018: John Buchenic created Global Development Solutions to support international nonprofit agencies. - The Vindicator
- October 2017: Hubbard ‘Solar Sisters’ share love of cooking with sun - WKBN 27
Global Development Solutions
318 North Main Street
Hubbard, OH 44425
Tel: +1 330-534-7955