Last edited: 6 August 2019
South Korea, officially known as the Republic of Korea, has undoubtedly had solar cooking activities take place within the country, but it is in 2011 that information began to be received by the Solar Cookers World Network.
- NEW: 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi, Kenya): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host the Clean Cooking Forum 2019, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from November 5-7. With the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact,” the sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
- October 2012: The International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) has embraced a strong resolution sponsored by Solar Household Energy calling for increased support for solar cooking efforts worldwide. The measure was adopted in September at IUCN’s quadrennial World Conservation Congress in Jeju, South Korea. The organization recognized the health hazards of cooking over biomass fires, and the availability of current solar cooking technologies. Efforts continue to develop solar cookers that offer increased efficiency, are cost-effective to produce and distribute, and are sturdy enough to withstand extended use. Read more...
- March 2011: Simply Solar started a partnership with Energy Farm, a South Korean company for renewable energy technologies. The first step was training of Energy Farm staff in manufacturing of 10 m² Scheffler Reflectors, held in May 2011 at Energy Farm in Bucheon, South Korea.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of South Korea
- NEW: South Korea Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.