Last edited: 4 August 2019
- 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi, Kenya): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host the Clean Cooking Forum 2019, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from 5-7 November. With the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact,” the sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
Call for applications
- NEW: 10 September 2019: Deadline for call for applications: Organizations working to disseminate clean cooking technologies to household consumers - Clean Cooking Alliance
- June 2016: SunFire Solutions reports: We have just returned from the Bushfire Festival in Swaziland, voted one of the best festivals in Africa. SunFire was a guest of the festival organisers and made free solar popcorn to as many festival goers as possible. The Bushfire Festival is an amazing coming together of many cultures: Mozambique, Swaziland, and unusual mix from Kwazulu-Natal, Mpumalanga, Free State provinces of South Africa’s. This is truly a festival not to be missed. Our efforts were very successful and we look set to partner with http://www.youngheroes.org.sz and http://www.bush-fire.com/ to increase access to solar cooking and lighting technologies in Swaziland.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Swaziland
- NEW: Swaziland Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.